- Forty Eight -

The next couple of days were surprisingly quiet outside of the longer and more tiring training sessions. Everyone was on edge, and Renjun could feel a strange tension that seemed to flow and embroider itself into everyone. The only people that Renjun could feel less of that tension was Jaemin, Chenle and Taeyong.

Jeno seemed to be distancing himself from the older boy, and he didn't fail to see him doing the same to Jaemin as well.

He remembered how just yesterday Jeno had made the excuse of his elongated trainings to not join the two for lunch.

Although it hurt Renjun, he still slept next to them when it was time to go to bed.

Renjun didn't know if it was just him being clingy, but Renjun found himself awake in the early hours of the morning, watching as the soft light would pour into the room as it shone on Jeno's face.

He would lightly trace his features, smiling softly at the younger when he would smile in his sleep at the ticklish actions.

It made Renjun's heart swell with happiness.

This had happened the past couple of mornings, although Jaemin may have caught him this morning, and would not stop teasing him.

The younger might of let it slip that he wanted the older to do the same to him, so here he was.

Sitting on a hill not too far the training areas, Jaemin's head resting in his lap as he lightly traced the younger's face who hadn't finished eating yet.

Jaemin was smiling ear to ear at the older, looking up at him with his sandwich in his hands, and offered a bite to the older.

Renjun smiled softly in adoration at the caring younger but also softly shook head 'no.'

"I already ate silly," he said as Jaemin pouted, before looking at his sandwich, preparing to take another bite.

The weather must've been hitting more of an autumn mood, the breeze flowing in the warm rays of the afternoon sun.

"Injoon-ah," Jaemin said, still looking at his sandwich as he was finishing a bite.

"You've realized that about Jeno, right?"

Renjun's heart sank. Of course he realized what the other boy was doing, and he hated that Jaemin figured it out, hoping to distract the younger from those revelations.

Renjun wasn't surprised though, answering the youngers with a barely audible hum, as he dragged his fingers through the locks of Jaemin's hair. Jaemin was basically Jeno's other half, the two knowing each other for so long.

Jaemin zoned out as he was looking at the nearly finished sandwich that he no longer felt like eating.

The fingers on his scalp creating a calm ambience between the two as they were laying there.

We didn't say anything more, not really wanting nor needing too. This was our relaxation time and we both knew what the other was thinking.

Their calm time with each other was soon ruined by the yell of Yuta, collecting them to continue to their training for the day.

Jaemin pouted at the last few bites he had left of his sandwich, before coming to a conclusion and shrugged to himself before sitting up from Renjun's lap, stretching as he did.

Renjun had been watching the boy, and laughed softly at the younger's actions before standing up himself.

They walked back to the training area, Jaemin turning to their spot while pouting sadly that they had to leave way too soon in his mind, before turning back around to sulk a little more.