- Thirteen -

Jaemin was feeling troubled.

The woman said that she had a few questions but no words were said yet.

The man let out a deep breath, still sensing the younger boy still tense. 

"My name is Seo Hoyong," the man told him, trying to get the younger to relax.

Jaemin felt himself relax a little, trusting the man's words from before and allowing himself to take his mind of his friends.

"Are they O.K.?" he asked, voice soft, with eyes just as vulnerable.

"They are fine, we're here just to ask questions," the man affirmed.

"Just questions, right?" 

"Yes."

"O.K. I'm ready," Jaemin said, straightening himself to look the man in the eye.

"What is your relation with Lee Jeno, and Huang Renjun?"

Jaemin felt his skin go cold, and his stomach drop.

Youngho saw the boy's face pale, and almost started to laugh, but successfully kept it in.

"It's just a question," he said, smiling at the boy.

"W-we're friends," Jaemin couldn't keep his gaze locked with Hoyong's anymore, suddenly finding interest in his fingers.

He didn't know exactly what to say, he didn't want the others to get into trouble. They meant too much to him to have that ruined, whatever it was that they had.

"Jaemin, we already know the answer, we just need you to give the truth. This will cause you too have a better outcome," the woman answered sharply.

That information made Jaemin look wide eyed at the lady.

They already know?

"So what will it be, Jaemin? An excuse to cover yourselves, or the truth?" Hoyong asked, looking directly at the younger boy.

Jaemin furrowed his brows, trying to come up with an answer that would satisfy these people.

"I-i'm not actually quite sure," Jaemin started, trying hard to come up with what exactly was his relationship with the other two.

Lee Jeno.

Jeno was with him since the beginning, friends with each other since before schooling had started.

Around their years starting around year 8 was when he started feeling closer to the older, the natural pull tugging on his heart.

The time that puberty hit was a roller coaster for the younger boy, finally seeing the beauty of his best friend, but it scared. He had recently learned about Partners, but was afraid to admit his sudden infatuation of the older, becoming more clingy and dependent on the older. 

He had suffered, positive he was living in an unrequited love, if he could call it that, until the first kiss he had with Jeno. They were inseparable after that, but both confused as to where to go with the relationship, but just decided to treat it like a friendship with added intimacy.

But then there were three.

Huang Renjun.

Jaemin didn't know that he was going to like the eldest of the three so suddenly.

The first glimpse of him sudden, he wasn't able to look at his features thoroughly but he was intrigued.

Their meeting didn't go as planned, but it ended on a much brighter point. The two days he spent with Jeno and Renjun was absolute heaven. He didn't want those days to end. He was already so affectionate of the oldest. They were close, and it was he was so shocked at how much Renjun affected him like Jeno.