- Thirty Seven -

Taeyong woke up, Renjun's small body still slotted beside his own. He smiled down at the sleeping boy who was letting small puffs of air out of his nose, tickling Taeyong's arm.

Taeyong stoked Renjun's hair, before bringing the younger further into his arms, still thinking over the night before.

How could they do that to you? Taeyong thought, sniffling a little, trying to keep in the emotions that threatened to spill out again.

As he held the younger in his arms, he knew what he needed to do, and with Renjun, he'd be able to achieve it.

He let his thoughts of revenge lull him to sleep, knowing that Abigail would lose in the end.

Yes, he thought, in the end.

. . . 

Renjun woke up, a bright light shining through his surrounding, making him see the pink tone of the skin that covered his eyes.

Groaning, he felt that his spine was sore from the sitting from last night. Or technically morning too.

He tried to sit up,eyes still closed, until he realized that arms were still holding him down, making him groan again and lightly smack the hand.

The other person whined this time, not wanting to get up, making the younger snort at him when he turned over, letting go of Renjun.

Renjun opened his eyes as he felt the arms go away, and looked over at Taeyong's body which was now facing away from him.

Renjun gave the body a smirk, as if he had just won a great war, and quickly got of the bed.

He stumbled slightly, becoming light-headed from the sudden movement of his body, and quickly gripped the mattress he stood by.

After he had grabbed the side of the mattress, Taeyong jumped, feeling the sudden shake, and quickly turned to see what the matter was with Renjun.

Renjun noticed the older looking back at him and smiled sheepishly.

"Sorry. I just got a little light-headed," he answered, even though Taeyong didn't ask anything.

Taeyong nodded, but moved to get out of the bed.

"Hyung, you can stay in bed, I'm just gonna get up," Renjun quickly said, trying to stop the older.

"And I can't get up too?" Taeyong asked with a playful smile. Renjun blushed from embarrassment.

"I-I mean, yeah. But I thought you wanted to sleep?" he said, but seemed to make it into a question.

"Yeah, I was going to, but there's no reason for me to stay. Plus, now is definitely not the time to be lazy," Taeyong said, standing up and ruffling Renjun's hair. Renjun only smiled at him, grateful that he had someone like the older to take care of him now.

It was hard acting like an adult during childhood, having to take care of yourself in an isolated surrounding. Now he felt like he could actually be a kid again, and not have to worry about the consequences some of the time, because now he's not in such a place, but instead a loving home, with a group of mildly interesting people that he knew could protect him.

He could be happy openly now.

Just that thought made both Renjun and Taeyong smile even bigger, before the both headed out of the room.

They both wore their bright smiles on there way down the stairs, only to be greeting with slight darkness and everyone still in the living area, only sleeping.

Taeyong laughed at the sight, not used to seeing about nineteen boys crowding the three couches that sat in the living area.

Most were grouped together for probably warmth reasons, but for some reason Yang Yang was just laying on the arm rest, halfway leaning off, making his head lay at an awkward angle. Taeyong winced to himself, knowing that it would hurt the younger's neck later on.