- Five -

Jaemin was happy.

Happy.

He felt a couple glances of the emotion with his friends. He had learned the facial expression of the emotion. But now he truly felt it.

Smile bright, he walked beside his new friend.

Renjun.

He never knew if they were going to successfully befriend the M.C.M. boy, but they had pure intentions, and Renjun was a pure boy, so Jaemin just figured they clicked. 

He wasn't sure what else was there, but he could feel something pulling at his heartstrings, looking at the other two boys. Seeing such a soft looking boy, along with his best friend, he felt them pulling.

When he saw the oldest boy in the Corner, he couldn't believe his eyes.

The soft eyes that seemed to hold everything. The impeccable light skin. The expressive facial cues. Even if his face did display pain, he was still beautiful.

Their meeting was rough, but they talked through it, cleared the misunderstanding, and became friends.

Forget happy. 

Jaemin was ecstatic. He could finally have a personal definition for the concept, but he didn't know how he was going to sleep tonight.

They continued walking, silent, but Jaemin wanted to break it.

"How do you eat with such a full schedule?" Jeno blurted out, taking Jaemin's chance.

Renjun looked at the speaking boy, smiling at his confused expression.

"I eat before and after. Even if I don't have an appetite, I still manage to down a roll and some rice," Renjun said, shrugging. He looked back down the road, gazing at their lit path.

"Is that why you're so small?" Jaemin asked, wrapping an arm around his shoulders, and hugging the smaller into him. 

"Y-yah!" Renjun protested, trying to get out of the hold, but ended up relenting when Jaemin held firm. Sighing, he kept walking, trying hard not to focus on the sudden skinship.

Just as he gave up, Jeno took Renjun's hand into his own, flashing the smaller an eyesmile that Renjun could've just melted into.

Sighing again, Renjun accepted his situation.

So that's how they were walking down the street.

Jaemin, with his arms draped around Renjun, holding his shoulders, crushing him to his chest, and Jeno holding Renjun's hand, leaving Renjun with a slight pink tint to his face.

Well that escalated quickly.

Jaemin closed his eyes, making him sway a little back and forth due to him not quite knowing where he was stepping. He suddenly caught himself from falling, nearly bringing down the older he was hanging onto. 

Renjun faced him, eyes wide.

"We were going to fall," he stated, silently warning Jaemin not to do it again.

But, alas, Jaemin was not the listening type. He let them walk a couple more meters.

Then he did it again. Closing his eyes once more, he swayed again, confident he would catch himself.

But he didn't.

As expected, he lost his balance, and attempted to catch himself, but his luck was out.

He fell, causing Renjun to tumble with him.

He reached his arms out to break his fall, only to have the weight, although light Jaemin noted, of Renjun to land on top of him.