- Sixty Three -

Dead silence was her answer. No one dared to breathe in the slightest.

"I mean, we've got two of the lovebirds, so where's the third?" she asked, turning around to gesture at Jaemin and Jeno, before turning once more to face the rest of boys.

They all glared at the woman. Faces stern against her posture.

She stood as if she had already won. And Taeyong didn't like that.

. . .

Renjun was still in Yuta's hold, the tears stopped to form streaks on his face.

He didn't like that the others were out there, with her, because he knew they'd be in trouble.

One thing he's learned about Abigail is the fact that she was unpredictable. One of his many talents that he had learned from her when he was younger.

He was disgusted with himself that he had so easily trusted that woman, even learned from her.

He hated that she had such influence in his life.

It was his fault for the whole situation.

If he hadn't of met Jeno and Jaemin that night.

He should've left earlier, or stayed later. Anything from gaining their attention.

He should've stood further away from the balcony that led others to notice his existence.

Why was he so dumb?

He even had the audacity to gain feelings. Not for one boy, but two.

Which seemed to irk Abigail's attention and then this whole fiasco began.

The older boy could sense the inner turmoil that Renjun was putting himself through.

"Renjun," he started, gaining the younger's attention.

"Whatever you are thinking, none of this is your fault. We agreed to do this, all of us. We knew there would be conflict in between the Inside and the Outside. It was bound to happen eventually," he paused making sure that Renjun was breathing normally now after his quick realization, "we knew what she was doing on the Inside, where do you think we came from?"

Renjun furrowed his eye brows, looking up at the man talking to him.

"You came from the Inside?"

Yuta smiled at the boy's confusion.

"Yes, although not all of us were in the same situation as you, or the rest of the Dreamies. Some of us were Defects that Abigail tested on, or even pretended to be cared for by the woman. Some of us hid under her radar like Jeno did. It was tough for us all, but we made a way of life here on the Outside. And we're not going to let her stop us."

"So, how did you come to be part of Neo City?" Renjun asked tentatively, not too sure if he could ask such a personal question.

Yuta smiled once more, and at this point Renjun felt like it was a part of him.

"I was a known Defect in Abigail's book. One of the ones that were on the unlucky side when it came to experiences with her."

"How did you get out?"

"Funnily enough," Yuta paused, looking down at Renjun once more, "Taeil."

. . .

Yuta's breathing was ragged, lain out across the table, bright lights shining in his face.