- Fifty Five -

"So you're finally awake?"

Renjun groaned, turning away from the deep voice he recognized as Jeno, only to be met with a pair of arms.

Not caring, he allowed himself to get comfortable in the newfound arms.

He heard someone snicker, but he continued to ignore it as he pushed himself further into the unknown person's arms.

Soon he felt the breath of the other person on his cheek, which almost woke him up the rest of the way, before just shuffling himself to where he couldn't feel it anymore.

Which led him to him unintentionally kissing the other person's arm, or so he thought.

He smiled contently, ready to fall back asleep until a rather loud noise rang through wherever Renjun was.

Wait, he paused, still tired, where am I?

He scrunched his eyes, trying to himself up, before opening his eyes.

The first thing his vision was lead to seeing was skin.

Confused, he furrowed his eyebrows before leaning back and seeing where he was.

He had been kissing the collarbone of Jaemin, who was now looking at him.

Renjun smiling sheepishly up at the younger, before letting him go.

"S-sorry," he mumbled, sitting up on the cushion they were laid on.

Jaemin only smiled brightly, looking at the older fondly.

"Why? I'm fine," he said, putting his elbow behind his head, propping it up, and looking at the older.

"He would've liked it more if you did more," Jeno's voice surprising Renjun as the eldest of the three whipped his head in the other's direction.

"W-what? Jaemin?" Renjun stuttered, looking at the youngest boy of their trio.

"He's not wrong," Jaemin simply answered, a smirk prominent.

"U-uh-"

"Taeyong's waiting with the other guys. They were waiting for you two, come on," Jeno told them, amused at the flustered Renjun.

Renjun got off of the bed, or was it a chair? Renjun wasn't sure, but he needed to get away from these boys quick, or else he'd do something he wasn't quite prepared for.

Following Jeno out of the room, he felt Jaemin following them until they made it back into the 'screening' room they had been told to sit in earlier.

Taeyong was with the other boys, waiting for the trio.

As they made it to their seats, Jaemin cuddling Renjun on the right, still a little bit drowsy, as Jeno held his hand on his left.

Jaemin held their hands, bringing them into Renjun's lap, before the three looked up at Taeyong and the other boys.

Renjun smiled softly at the action, and looked up to Taeyong, who also held a soft look at the three.

"So," he started, looking at all of the boys' faces, "we've run the tests."

Tension hung in the air at the words.

"And?" Mark asked, hesitant as he sat beside the trio and Donghyuck.

"They were positive."

Silence was added to the tension, until Renjun spoke up, voice suddenly serious.

"That means we're Defects. Or, at least, we were implanted with successful Defect DNA."

"Yes, but we've collected the abilities that you all have. They were connected with the problems you were having on the Inside with Abigail. She had implanted them a long time ago, so them coming up now is a bit strange, but I think I know why now."