- Twenty Eight -

That night went past silently, Jeno and Jaemin snuggling into Renjun, waiting to hear the familiar push and pull of sleepy breathing before they let themselves go to sleep as well.

They smiled while looking at each other, just letting themselves enjoy the feeling of being together.

The oncoming doom of the next day couldn't bother them in the peaceful evening.

Jaemin held on to the other two, making sure he could feel the warmth before falling asleep.

. . .

Renjun woke up, expecting to have two familiar people laying beside him like every other day, but only felt one pair of arms around his torso.

Not bothering to look at who it was, he simply turned around, holding the person. Only, to realize that that person had someone holding onto them.

That's weird, but O.K. I guess.

It was when he started to hear soft whispers that weren't Jaemin or Jeno's voice, that he decided to open his eyes.

Renjun flinched slightly, seeing the two maknaes on his bed, not expecting that.

Chenle was holding onto him tightly, with Jisung's arms around Chenle lightly.

"Chenle?"

The younger grumbled, but managed to get a slight 'what' out in Korean.

"What are you doing in my bed with Jisung?" the older whispered, trying not to wake up the maknae.

"Jaemin and Jeno had something to do, and told us to keep you company. Well, they asked me to wake you up,, but I dragged Jisung here to sleep. Your bed is huge," Chenle answered, eyes still closed and voice breathy and tired.

"Oh, O.K.," Renjun said, wondering what it could possibly be that Jaemin and Jeno needed to do that was so important.

Not caring for too much longer, the weight on his eyelids seemed to will the boy to go back to sleep.

. . .

Renjun was greeted after waking up, with the warm smell of hot food, and Jaemin and Jeno accompanying the breakfast.

So that's what they were doing.

Renjun smiled brightly at the two, getting to the food and quickly starting to eat.

Chenle let out a small noise beside the older boy who was now sitting up against his pillows.

Renjun looked at the younger two boys fondly, and Jeno and Jaemin both watched him do it, something beginning to poke at their emotions.

Something was weird.

At least that was what Renjun was thinking when he saw the two boys gaze off into space.

"Are you guys alright?" Renjun asked, placing his utensil down onto the plate he wa seating from.

As if he was expecting the question, Jaemin answered right away, almost making the eldest flinch.

"Mark," he trailed off, not sure if he wanted the oldest of their group tell Renjun, or if they should, "he has some news. Some news that you need to know."

Renjun placed his food next to him, the opposite that Chenle lay on.

"Yeah, sure. Is he in the living room?" Renjun asked, making his way over to the end of the bed.

Jeno snapped out of his slight trance, and nodded, rubbing the hair on the back of his hand.

Renjun nodded too, making his way past the two by his door frame. As he passed, the two followed him, dreading the news that Mark was going to deliver.