- Fifty Seven -

As soon as Chenle calmed down, they had started their trek back to Neo City.

Although nothing like an actual city, Chenle took comfort into their new found home, and was anxious to return.

Neo City was home to them now, and after what had just happened, he really wanted to go home.

He clung to Jisung’s side, as the younger reciprocated the action, the two shaken up from the new experience.

Ten had kept to himself, his mind full of thoughts that would leave to tangents, and then return once again.

Dejun and YangYang had only talked amongst themselves, shocked at what they had witnessed, and the only debate they could procure.

Where the two seemingly human boys Defects?

. . .

Ten made no mistake as to head straight to Taeyong with the news of the past events.

He had found him to be in the basement, looking through, what seemed like, files.

The older knew that he was coming by the onslaught of mixed thoughts that seemed to protrude his mind as the younger was getting closer to him.

“Yes?” he asked as Ten made it to his office, not looking at the younger yet.

“Do you know what happened?” Ten asked, almost breathless from his searchings of the older man.

“I have bits and pieces, but I assume I’m going to be learning all the details from you right now,” Taeyong answered, pausing his scanning of papers, and looking at Ten.

“I might need to sit down. I’ve been standing for far too long,” Ten said as he took a seat in a chair near the older.

As he made himself comfortable, the older stopped his file searching, stacking them up neatly and correctly putting them away.

When he finished, he looked at Ten, his full attention now on the younger.

“The men are all dead,” were the only words that Ten offered Taeyong.

He was almost set-aback, leaning in his chair in thought.

“Dead? Did you make sure?”

Ten only nodded.

“How?”

“Chenle.”

“Do you want to further explain?” Taeyong now leaned forward, resting his elbows onto his knees, clasping his hands together.

“When we were fighting them, I’m assuming Jisung didn’t have his guard up fully, and one of the men snatched him,” Ten explained, and Taeyong could see the memory flash in Ten’s mind.

Nodding his head, he encouraged Ten to continue.

“The Chenle freaked out when said guy grabbed a gun, threatening Jisung. He started, clutching? His chest, and breathing heavy. I thought he was having a panic attack for a second, because of how close the two were,” he paused to take a deep breath, “but then he let out the most ear-piercing scream.”

Taeyong almost smiled, glad that the younger was able to reach his Defect power, but that didn’t mean he liked the situation the younger boy had to be in.

“And then, all of the men fell, and Jisung escaped, but when Dejun, YangYang and I checked the men, they were bleeding everywhere,” Taeyong could still see the memory of the men up close, “they were bleeding from their eyes, their noses, and their ears.”