- Eight -

Renjun woke up, confused that he fell asleep.

But, he was in bliss. 

For the first time in two days, he was completely pain-free. He closed his eyes once more, smiling widely and relishing in the pleasure of normalcy.

He felt tears of joy about to burst, and he let them.

Still smiling, he noticed that he felt overly warm. He tried kicking his covers off, only to find that he had no blanket on.

That's weird.

But then he felt the breath of someone on his left, and he tensed up.

He didn't dare to look, eyes still closed.

Then there was a shift to his right, and he almost screamed in fright.

Now there were two breaths lightly on his face, and he realized that he was tangled between limbs. Peeking one eye open, he looked slowly to his left, where he first felt the light breath on his cheek.

What he found gave him a clue as to who the other breath was.

Renjun jumped a little, seeing Jeno's face so close to his own. He had fallen asleep, but Renjun wasn't sure how he had managed to get into his house, let alone his bed. Seeing the younger look so peaceful, his hand flinched at the thought of patting the other's hair, but he withheld himself.

Renjun then turned on his right, jumping again when Jaemin looked back at him with a straight face.

Jaemin had witnessed the flinch and the tender look the oldest had to his friend. But the wide eyes staring back at him were just too cute to not react to.

"Oh, hyung~" Jaemin whispered, smiling brightly, "you can pat my head."

Renjun looked away from the youngest, cheeks reddening, and started to play with his own fingers. He wasn't expecting the sudden informalization of speech, and definitely not the 'hyung'. So they were close now?

"I don't know what you're talking about," he mumbled, only to have Jaemin lightly take his chin into his hand and direct Renjun's face back to his own.

What Jaemin saw did not disappoint him. His hyung staring back at him, trying to look away with pink tinged cheeks. It was absolutely adorable, and Jaemin squealed quietly to himself. The older was just so fragile looking, and so beautiful that Jaemin was in awe. 

A shift in the bed caused the two to look over at the presumably sleeping third.

"Alright now," Jeno spoke up, finally awake with his deep voice, and pointed to the time, "It's only 10:55 p.m. so I suggest you guys go back to sleep."

Jaemin groaned in protest, wanting to stay awake, but didn't turn down the thought that popped up of Jeno's groggy voice.

That shit is hot.

Smiling to himself, he wrapped himself further around Renjun, snuggling his face into the crook of the older's neck. He reached over the oldest boy to grab hands with Jeno, the older slipping his hand into the other easily.

They felt Renjun tense up, and they both sleepily reached their faces to the oldest to have the both kiss his cheek. This flustered Renjun, making him bury himself into Jaemin to hidehis face.

"What the heck was that?" he asked, voice muffled into Jaemin's shirt. The younger two looked at each other and smiled, knowing they made the eldest shy.

"A goodnight kiss, duh," Jaemin answered, shrugging the action off as normal.

"And you guys do that with everyone?"