- Sixty One -

"Abigail is coming."

Renjun sighed, his voice full of breath from his previous rushing.

"Yeah," he paused, looking around at the serious people, "So I've heard."

Taeyong resisted a smile, before the thick tension of the upcoming war came back.

"She's going to be attacking tomorrow night, at least that's what Taeil thinks-"

He was interrupted by something loud hitting against the building. Renjun rest his hands against his waist, watching as Johnny rushed to the surveillance monitors.

"Well, it seems to be incorrect."

He pointedly said, pointing at the computer screens that Johnny was now observing.

There was a flash of light, making the screen display a bright white screen, before a huge sound of clashing metal reverberated throughout the building once more, almost jarring the inhabitants.

Renjun scanned the room, still standing in front of the others, who all shared the same stern look of confidence.

They were prepared for this.

Taeyong stood up as well, looking at everyone in front of him, determinance showing on his face as he made eye contact with each member, sending reassuring messages with a glance.

Renjun watched in shock as Taeyong's natural black hair was suddenly engulfed into a red hue, his eyes blazing the same hue. The red seeping into his skin, leaving his hands and face his natural skin color.

His Defect side.

Their leader gave them a firm grin, before looking at Renjun as well.

"It's time."

Renjun nodded, no words as the rest of the boys seemed to have their own transformation.

He watched in awe as Jeno did the same, making him have an even more striking and intimidating look.

Jaemin jumped in surprise beside the older boy, making the couch shake from his surprise.

Renjun had seen Jeno like this before, and even though Jaemin had seen a glimpse from the old police station, he couldn't but help his awe at the other.

It seemed like the white color he had retained earlier had turned into an almost iridescent color, reflecting the light surrounding him.

"We all know the plan, but if something goes wrong, and it will because plans aren't going to exactly as planned, fight for your lives. Because that's what we're doing here," Taeyong said, his voice powerful against the silence.

Renjun nodded once more.

"Yuta, stay here with Renjun. He's what she wants," he let out, looking down at the young Chinese boy.

"O.K- wait, this wasn't in the plan," Renjun let out quickly, frustration already growing at the older's words, as he whipped his head to Taeyong's eyes.

"Renjun," Taeyong let out, voice softer, "This was always the plan."

"What? No. You think I'm going to sit here and let you guys kill yourselves over me?" Renjun asked, before feeling the long arms of Yuta, who came out of nowhere, around him and slightly tugging him in the opposite direction.

"No, guys- Wait," he let out, as he watched the others collectively stand, and head towards the exits, "No! Guys! You can't leave me here! You can't get to Abigail without me!" he continued yelling, but to no effect.

Jaemin was the last out as he followed Jeno, but he quickly walked over to where Renjun was being restrained.

The younger smiled softly at Renjun, before cupping his face and landing his lips onto the older's before pulling away and looking straight into Renjun's scared eyes.

"Don't leave me," Renjun whispered softly, fear running through his veins.

"We would never," Jaemin answered, before trailing behind the others.

If he had only turned around, he'd see the unshed tears that were only begging to fall from Renjun's eyes.

If only he had thought about this last kiss that might be the last.

If only.

started : 2019.7.25
finished : 2019.7.25