- Sixty Six -

"Why are my hands black?"

. . .

No one was able to answer his question. Not even Taeyong.

They simply continued their way back to their home, not a single soul trying any type of confrontation.

Sometimes Abigail would let out a wince, but no one paid attention to that either.

They just continued to trudge across the grass, traveling on the soft grass, the texture of it being pressed down with each step the boys made.

Their faces were stone cold, but Taeyong could still hear their worries of their predicament.

He knew how much they hated feeling so weak, their thoughts when they were held down shouted into his, their sorrow for not being able to help Renjun at the moment.

Taeyong knew that they something had broken inside of each of them. Something big, but they were to explore their problems after they dealt with the main one back at Neo City.

The sun still shone. As if the situation called for it, needing to guide them somewhere where there would be no more problems, and lead to a better future.

One that included them all, healthy and safe.

The familiar metal structure of their home was soon in sight, the metal having a glare of light displayed somewhere in the trees.

The midafternoon heat was relentless, but Taeyong still held onto Abigail's shoulder's to aid her walking, trying to get the upcoming hardship over with.

They made it to the 'front' of the building, before Jaehyun covered Abigail's eyes and quickly opened where it stood, bringing them all inside and quickly hiding their door before leading the woman into their dining room, the large table able to be used as a conference table.

They all sat down, including Abigail, who was ever so cleverly placed in between Taeyong and Renjun.

"Hendery," was all that Taeyong had said, making the boy walk over. Abigail flinched as the boy stood behind her.

"We aren't heathens," Taeyong said, still not looking at the woman.

"He's going to heal you," Renjun answered, his tone flat.

Abigail didn't stop being tense as Hendery placed his hands onto her shoulders and quickly healing her injuries. Renjun didn't even try to tell her to relax or else it will settle into her muscles, knowing that she wouldn't stop her rigid posture.

She exhaled deeply as he released her, before slightly stretching out her limbs, trying to get rid of the tension now lingering in her body.

"Now," Taeyong started, finally looking at the older woman, "we've got a proposition."

Abigail stifled a laugh, wanting to do so because she found her predicament something she couldn't even of thought of in the past. But she still refrained knowing it would only make them even more angry.

Renjun caught her hiccup in character, but didn't try to address it either.

"We've to sign a covenant," Taeyong said, folding his hands as the woman returned his eye contact.