- Forty Four -

It's been about two weeks since Abigail had checked in with Project Kkum, and she's was strangely getting complete radio silence from Taeyong.

She could feel something slightly off, something she couldn't quite put her finger on.

Her brisk footsteps were heard in the hall with the click of her heels.

She quickly turned into the camera room that surveillanced Renjun's dorm.

It was about 9 o'clock at night, but she wanted to check to see if anything significant happened.

She was well aware of the relationships that were going to form eventually, although she and the board members hadn't figured out what decision they should go for.

There were some against the main relationship of Jeno, Renjun and Jaemin. They said that it wouldn't be traditional, and that it went against 'moral laws' that were created in the past, that others had still lived off with.

Abigail didn't care. As long as she had Renjun in a stable environment to where she had easy access to, she'd always be fine.

But the strange silence and no new records between both Taeyong and the boys, she felt something off-kilter.

She walked further into the room, looking at the screens that displayed the various rooms of the dormitory, all placed to keep tight surveillance on the boys, making sure every action was thoroughly seen and recorded.

The screens now showed most of the rooms in darkness, since it was past their nightly curfew, but it showed that the light was still in the room Renjun had always stayed in.

She directed one of the surveillance men sitting in their chairs to go to the video footage of Renjun's room, so the man did and it was in fact where the light was coming from.

The light was on, but the boys were shown to be all huddling in the big bed, sleeping together comfortably.

She nodded, watching the video feed for a little while longer, before letting the men get back to their work.

Turning around, she walked back to the hallway, heels still clicking.

Before she completely left the room, she turned to the men, gaining all of their attention when they didn't hear the woman's heels any more.

"If you see anything strange, don't hesitate for a second to report it to me," she said, making eye contact with each individual.

A collective "Yes, Ma'am!" rang out, making her smirk slightly, before finally leaving the room, heels clicking still.

. . .

It was about 00:23 when she got the call from the surveillance room.

She was ready in an instant, heels back on and clicking hurriedly down the hallway.

She made it to the surveillance room at about 00:34, wasting no time to get their quickly.

"What is it?" she said, voice even.

The monotone sound of her voice gave each man a cold shiver down their spine, before the head surveillance manager spoke up.

"We found something strange at the Project Kkum's dormitory," he started.

"Well, go on with it," she said quickly.

"As soon as it turned 00:00, the light switched off, but also they moved," he finished, nerves going through his voice as he internally trembled at the woman's piercing gaze.

"What do you mean 'they moved'," she asked, immediately turning to the screen, snapping her fingers. They quickly rewinded the tape, from 23:58.