- Fifteen -

Renjun didn't know what was happening.

He had been sitting in the cell, the flickering light still above him swinging, thinking about the "relationship" he was to define about him, Jaemin and Jeno.

He wasn't sure, but was definitely terrified of rejection.

He was so fragile already without the contact of people, and this sudden love and affection he received from not one, but two incredibly beautiful boys, his heart was a mess.

Then he heard the crash from around the hall.

Hall?

Renjun thought he was stuck in this place, waiting to get tranquilized again, so he couldn't know the location of the place. 

But the clashing took his attention, the sounds sounding quite painful.

The dull thud against a wall, as well as the groan that came from the person had Renjun looking wide-eyed.

Someone is fighting. 

He was scared, hoping that it wasn't Jaemin or Jeno on the receiving end.

He hesitantly stood up, gingerly walking to the edge of the cell, looking throughout the hall that he could see, only to see shadows moving quickly.

Not wanting to draw any attention to himself, he saw this moment of weakness, and tried to open the cell gate. Fortunately it was not locked.

He still heard the groans of pain and some more thuds as he worked at quietly opening the gate.

The build up rust and metal on metal sound was not pleasant on the ears, but Renjun tried to let it screech as low as possible,

The last thing he needed was the fighting people to come closer to him.

When he had the door about an inch and a half open, it got stuck. It would not budge, even when Renjun put slightly more weight into it.

You've got to be kidding me. 

Renjun decided that quiet wasn't going to work today, a stood a bit away from the door. He started into a run, putting as much strength as possible into the hit as he collided his shoulder into the door.

A loud screech was heard throughout the building, making Renjun run quickly into the hallway as to not get caught.

He dashed in the sketchily lit hallway, and was surprised to see the image in front of him.

People were everywhere. 

There were a total of seven workers laying on the ground, unconscious.

The eight person on the ground was being held up by a mysterious figure.

The man holding up the other on the ground had a powerful ambiance, and it intimidated Renjun.

The figure then dropped the person, and looked at Renjun, causing Renjun to gasp at the man in front of him.

"J-Jeno?"

. . . 

Jeno was met with two people who, when they saw him, dashed at the boy.

Keeping his stance, he overpowered them, and then there were more people coming in.

Everything was a blur for Jeno, it always was when he tapped into his Defect side.

All he could remember at the end was him leaning over the last opponent, a gasp sounding, and Renjun staring back at his white eyes.

"J-Jeno?"