- Thirty -

It felt like Taeyong was never going to come, the hours passing slowly.

They had all packed the clothes and what they thought would be essential for a trip that they didn't know how long it would be.

They were all sitting in the living room, anxiously waiting as all of their gazes seemed to flicker to the digital clock that sat on the wall.

Jaemin, Jeno, Renjun, Donghyuck, and Mark were all sitting on the couch, making distracted small talk as their gazes were keep on the clock.

00:53.

Jisung groaned as he sat on the floor, tossing his head back to hit the cushion in frustration.

"Guys, eat something small real quick," Mark said, reaching in his bag to pull out a granola bar, hoping their trip wasn't far.

The others hesitated but relented, pulling out small snacks for them to eat quickly, hoping to calm their nerves.

Chenle sat there, crunching on his chips when he heard the slight knocks on the door.

The others were too busy eating to notice so, while sitting on the floor already, tugged at the pant leg of Mark's pants, making the older look at him with a curious face.

"What's up, Chenle?"

"There's someone at the door," he said, shoving another chip into his mouth.

Mark laughed lightly, but decided to get up, looking at the time once more.

00:59.

Renjun hopped off the couch after detangling himself from Jaemin and Jeno, who each let out a whine at the loss of contact, and quickly held Mark's wrist, keeping the older from answering the door.

Renjun looked at Mark, not having to say any words while Mark nodded at him, letting him go before him.

Renjun jogged slightly to the door, nerves taking over his body, and touched the intercom, speaking to the person outside.

"Hello. Who is this?" he said clearly, no emotion to his words.

"We have a special delivery for Project Dream."

Renjun nodded at Mark, remembering the ethereal timbre of Taeyong's voice.

"I'm opening the door," Renjun said, voice still emotionless.

The others had gathered at the door, where Renjun slowly opened it, and peered out.

What he saw wasn't Taeyong though, at least not at first.

Instead the first man he saw had an incredible mix of lines and softness to his face, seemingly too beautiful.

Another Defect.

"You're not Lee Taeyong," Renjun said, the door still only revealing his face.

"No, but I am here," the strange man answered, voice too sweet on Renjun's ears.

"I'm Jaehyun," he answered, but moved slightly to the side, showing someone.

"I'm here too Renjun," Taeyong's presence made Renjun smile brightly, as he took in the older's appearance.

He had been leaning against the wall outside Renjun's dorm, listening to his and Jaehyun's conversation.

"Do you want to come in, or do we head out now?"

Taeyong laughed lightly, and leaned forward to ruffle the younger boy's hair.

Renjun was confused, feeling a slight shocking sensation from Taeyong's touch but smiled up at the older anyway.