- Nineteen -

Jaemin woke up to nothing but darkness, and the feeling of arms wrapped around him.

He knew his hair was messed up, and his vision clearly not the strongest to decifer his exact position next to Jeno, but guided by the light snores of the older, he looked up, focusing on the boy.

Everything that he had confessed to the strange Youngho and the woman raced through the younger's head, making the older seem ethereal in front of him. 

The arms lessoned their pressure, letting the younger get up.

He rose to his feet, wiping at his eyes and he started towards the bedroom door.

He stopped for a second when he heard a slight whine from the younger's warmth being taken from him, until he turned, facing away from Jaemin.

Jaemin smiled lazily, thinking that the older was cute.

He turned towards the door, slowly letting the door creak open.

Jeno stirred, before talking.

"Come back soon," he said, voice thick.

Jaemin made a sound of approval, before heading the hallway.

He made his way to familiar kitchen, the tiles cold against his feet, but he chose to ignore it.

Making his way to the sink, he grabbed a cup left on the counter, sure that it was clean, and started to get a cup of water.

He allowed the cup to fill halfway, before turning the water off.

Turning, he leaned against the counter top, he sipped at the cold water, letting the soothing feeling run down his throat.

He was exhausted, but he knew his mind wouldn't allow him to fall asleep tonight.

He had been talking to Jeno, and was told the whole story.

He was upset that Jeno had to experience of the pain that came with staying with his real parents.

All this time, he thought that he knew Jeno. 

His Jeno. 

But this new Jeno.

He still loved him, but something was uncovered, and Jeno seemed at ease, vulnerable, to relay his information and finally get it off of his chest.

Jaemin was his most trusted.

But this woman, the project, his mind was in shambles. Jaemin was scared that if it would fail, that they would take Jeno away, and he'd never be able to see the older anymore.

Just thinking about it, Jaemin's breath became harder to let go.

His chest tightened, and soon he found himself crying silently, allowing the tears to dampen his cheeks.

He absolutely could not lose Jeno, he would be broken.

He resisted the urge to slide down the counter, and crawl into a ball.

Instead, he wiped his tears, and made his way to the room at the end of the hallway.

He opened the door, not surprised at the sight in front of him.

Chenle in Renjun's arms, sleeping peacefully.

Jaemin was about to leave, before Renjun's soft voice rang through the silence.

"Jaem, come here," his voice was soft, the sound caressing Jaemin's ears.

The gentleness of his voice almost broke Jaemin's emotional wall, just wanting to spill to the older boy.