- Nine -

"What the heck??"

Renjun had his eyes closed, face red, as he tried to shrink away from the other boys. He felt the bed almost jump as the others flinched. They didn't think that he was awake.

"I-I don't know w-what-"

"Sorry Renjun. We thought that you were sleeping," Jaemin cut off the panicked Jeno.

"But why would you kiss me in my sleep?" Renjun muttered, flustered and still hiding his face.

"What, Renjun? I can't hear you," Jaemin knew that the older was embarrassed, and was now teasing his for it.

Renjun knew that Jaemin was teasing him, but refused to show his face. He didn't want them to look at him.

God, this is embarrassing, Renjun internally groaned. But apparently it wasn't so internal.

"Renjun, quit exaggerating. There's no need to get upset. It's not like we kissed you on the l-"

Renjun shot up and clamped his hand on the youngest's mouth.

"Finish that sentence, and I will end you," Renjun threatened, face still red and only getting more red.

Jeno scoffed, almost snorted at the eldest.

"As if. You're too small," Jeno said, wrapping his arms around the eldest's shoulders, loving how they easily fit.

Renjun felt something wet touch his hand, only to realize it was Jaemin's tongue, and flinched his hand away in disgust.

"Ew, Jaemin. That is so unsanitary," Renjun scolded, wiping the saliva on Jeno's shirt.

"You're just sensitive over the potential taking of your first kiss," Jaemin sassed.

"So you were going to kiss me!" Renjun exclaimed, pointing his finger at Jaemin, covering his mouth with his other hand, trying to get as far from Jaemin as possible.

"Calm down. Of course he wasn't. He just likes teasing," Jeno said, laying back down from his sitting position. This made him successfully land on Renjun's thighs, and he rested his head on them, instantly closing his eyes.

Jaemin pouted at his spot, wanting to do the same, but Renjun's face somehow was able to get even more red in embarrassment. Jaemin couldn't miss that opportunity at seeing it.

"Injoon, are you really mad?"

Renjun was shocked again into silence. First the 'hyung' and now completely lowering speech and giving him a new nickname.

"N-not r-really," Renjun said furrowing his eyebrows.

"If you're wondering why he lowered his speech, it's because we are all born in the same year. In fact, you and I were born only one month apart," Jeno informed, eyes still closed.

Renjun, without noticing, had begun to input this information, so he could never forget.

The other two noticed the eldest's silence, and looked at him. He seemed to be staring into space, then snapped out of it.

"What was that?" Jaemin asked, stealing the question from Jeno.

"I-I think I just input that," Renjun answered, tilting his head in confusion.

"What? Without a setup?" Jeno asked, bewildered and sitting up to look at Renjun.

"I don't necessarily need one. I'm an M.C.M., remember?" Renjun answered, feeling light.

The younger two stared at him in awe. Renjun's eyes widen at the sudden attention.

"W-well, do you guys want something to eat?" Renjun asked, looking at the time, and needing to eat. But he wasn't sure if he enough food for all of them, but he was pretty sure he had food.

Concerned looks crossed both Jeno's and Jaemin's face.

"When was the last time you ate?" Jeno asked, concern lacing through his words.

Renjun thought about it, and realized that the last thing he ate was the roll and rice the night he met both of the boys.

As if internally realizing the last time he ate, his stomach let out a long rumbling sound.

He quickly clutched his stomach, looking down, and then shyly smiling at the other boys. 

"The night I met you guys," he said quietly.

"What?!"

"Alright, time to get some food," Jeno said, lifting the smaller boy up, and over his shoulder, walking to the kitchen, Jaemin in tow behind them.

Jaemin hopped down the hallway, and Jeno noted the fact of how light and thin the boy was as he carried him. 

Jaemin rushed in front of them, heading into the kitchen, opening a cupboard. He was astonished at the sight.

There were food, piled high, none of it touched.

"Wow. How can you not eat any of this?" Jaemin grabbed some of the rice, and started to prepare to make it.

"I just don't have the time," Renjun answered after Jeno placed him in a chair at the table by the kitchen.

Jaemin started grabbing food to prepare, and hopefully impress, the older. 

Jeno rushed over to Jaemin's side, hoping to help, before Jaemin went to stop him.

"No! Lee Jeno, you know what happened last time we tried this," Jaemin scolded.

Renjun felt his mood sour a little at the sight, but there was another feeling he couldn't quite place, but shrugged it off.

"Can I help?" Renjun asked, not wanting to just sit there.

"No. This is for you. Not for you to prepare. You need some meat on your bones, and I don't want you to pass out from exhaustion from washing the onions," Jaemin said, trying to get Jeno off of his arm, struggling to chop up some vegetables with the extra weight.

After relenting the fact that he had no chance in helping Jaemin, Jeno sat next to Renjun, only to see the oldest sleeping. Again. 

How does he do it, Jeno thought, shaking his head, but took the eldest's head to place on his shoulder. Watching Jaemin bustling at the sink and stove, he took one of Renjun's hands and started to play with them, noticing how small they were compared to him own. He liked this feeling. Someone smaller than him. Sure Jaemin was a little bit smaller than him, but Renjun.

Renjun was another thing.  Jeno, despite the fact that Renjun was older, felt the need to protect the smaller. Just like he did with Jaemin. 

Still playing with the oldest's fingers, Jeno watched Jaemin cook. The familiar scent rose, and he instantly knew that Jaemin was making his favorite, fried rice with soybean paste.

Smiling to himself, he continued absentmindedly playing with Renjun's fingers while watching Jaemin cook for them.

Jaemin turned around, and was about to ask a question before he saw Renjun's sleeping face resting on Jeno's shoulder. He closed his mouth and smiled lightly at the sight.

Turning back around, he finished his preparation, and started to set the table for the three.

Jeno brushed his fingers softly through Renjun's hair, and watched as the eldest's eyes opened slowly.

Smiling at the tired boy, he sat the boy upright. 

"Time to eat."

. . . 

A/N:

So I decided to write an extra chapter this week, and I hope you like it.

I'm debating writing a LuWoo or a RenWin fanfiction next.

Thank you for reading !!