- Three -

Jaemin took the machine on his head off. 

He was in shock.

...The only M.C.M. still imputing, 00.00.01 still inputs to this day. His daily required input time is 12 hours. If this requirement is not fulfilled, 00.00.01 gets sudden pains in the cerebral cortex, which travels down to his spinal cord, leaving him immobile and temporarily paralyzed...

Jaemin still recalled the information he had been learning for the past hour.

Going further and further into the lesson, he was able to recall the videos that were shown of Renjun in one of those fits.

...00.00.01 rarely gets these attacks, but several clips will be shown of the effects of an attack.

Jaemin stared at the screen displayed in his mind, seeing the blonde boy stagger in a dark gray room. Jaemin watched as the boy clutched his head, and losing his footing. Then eventually collapsing against a wall, sliding down it slowly, and sitting limply. 

Jaemin was heartbroken. The boy shouldn't live like that. 

Jaemin  felt like crying at the scene went on. The mono-tone voice went on, explaining the pain's course through the other's body.

...the pain continues to flow through the nerves, until eventually the whole body is immobile, and all the pain receptors are active...

Jaemin felt the familiar lump form in his throat at what was happening next.

Renjun, still slumped limply against the wall, crying. Jaemin held it in as the boy sobbed, tears running freely down his face. Jaemin tried to hold it in, but eventually he too, started crying with him, though silently.

His emotions were jerked when another clip started to play.

It was a younger version of the boy, sitting in a pristine white canteen. He automatically recognized Chenle sitting next to him. 

So Chenle was right.

The clip went on and had the footage of the two boys talking to each other in Chinese.

"Renjun-ge, what have you been learning recently?" Chenle asked the other boy.

"Nothing much. Just the different types of diabetes today. But it shouldn't take too long since there's only two," Renjun answered, looking down at his food.

Jaemin marveled at the purity in the boy's voice. He might not speak Chinese, but hearing the native language coming out of the boy's mouth seemed to perfectly fit the him.  

Renjun, he forced himself to think.

He could now call the boy by his name, and put it to his face, as he was given the chance to fully see it.

I wonder how his Korean is, Jaemin couldn't help but think.

The clip continued to play.

"Ge-ge, are you alright?" Panic was evident in Chenle's voice.

"No." Renjun managed to get out, pain showing.

"There's something wrong," he continued, "my head. It hurts. It's like I'm going to explode."

"H-hold u-up, ge. L-let me f-find someone," Chenle stuttered in panic.

"Um. S-someone...h-help us...p-please," Chenle said in the broken Korean he was still learning.

Chenle got up from his friend clutching his head. 

"P-person, I n-need-" 

"What is the problem?" A Person cut him off.