- Four -

Renjun didn't know he was crying until it reached his chin. 

He was startled, and then confused. 

Startled because the session suddenly ended, but then confused because apparently he was in pain.

Then it hit him. Like a truck. 

Groaning, he sat up, back stiff. He stretched his arms, relieving the stress in his muscles. 

He swung a leg over the reclining chair, sighing as he landed on the floor.

The ache still was there, but regardless, he went out of the door, and down the spiraling staircase that he had gone up that morning. Slightly limping due to sitting all day, he went to the cafeteria. The lights were not off, allowing him to grab a slightly hardened roll, and a spare tin full of rice. He passed over the offered bean sprout soup and spicy chicken. He wasn't hungry.

He was never hungry after a session, but he had to eat. He already was thin and only getting thinner. He was still a growing boy, but he had only so much time to eat.

He sat down at a random table placing his tin, roll, and silverware down. He winced, straightening his back, but reluctantly started to eat. He tried to recall the information from the time Chenle got put in the Chamber. He looked into it after the boy had the experience, just to make sure that he wasn't hurt in any way. It was meant to be a punishment after all.

Or that was what he thought before checking into it. Turns out, once you are seen as a somewhat of a vigilante, you were shown the Outside. The vast landscape, without pollution, the water running clear, and when you see that, you are told you could be there. Only if you finished the required sessions, were you allowed to have the choice of the Inside or the Outside.

He thought about what Chenle's answer would be. But, he hasn't seen the other in so long, he isn't sure what to think of the other's answer. He could've changed, or stayed the same, but the cold hard truth was that Renjun would probably never see the younger again. 

Sighing at the sudden extra weight put on his heart, he finished the rice and roll, and got up to put it in the bin that would carry it away to be washed.

Renjun could tell that it was already dark outside, but when wasn't when he got out of school. 

Walking slowly due to the extra strain, he knew it was probably seven or eight at night.

Bedtime, he yawned at the thought. That seems like the best thing yet today.

As he continued down the path, he failed to hear a muffled gasp and the rustling bodies in a unseemingly dark corner.

Renjun continued to stroll down the sidewalk, past the unfamiliar corner, and almost passed it until he felt a hand grabbing his arm, successfully pulling him into the darkness.

Eyes wide open, and no longer sleepy, he felt his back against hard textured brick. A hand held over his mouth. He couldn't see the person's face, but he could feel the presence and the hand covering his mouth.

He couldn't think of any reason as of why this would be happening to him, but he was so in shock, that he flinched when he heard a raspy, but light voice on the other side of the boy in front of him.

"Promise you won't scream?"

Nodding his head furiously, the hand slowly was taken off of his mouth. The stress of the situation and the weakness in Renjun's knees led to the boy quickly sliding down the wall, curling into himself. 

The other two crouched quickly, making sure the boy was alright.

"Are you O.K.?" 

The other boy's voice was flawless, smooth to Renjun's ears, but Renjun was still on high alert.