- Forty Three -

"Jeno, you should be proud," Taeyong says, looking at the data going through the computer, "very proud."

Jeno sat, confused.

"What is it saying?" Jeno asked, starting to take off the wires that surrounded him.

A mighty friend indeed, Taeyong thought, looking directly at the younger, a look of awe written on his face.

. . .

Jaehyun had carried the boy all the way to the downstairs, standing beside the desk with the security cameras, before he had pressed a button, opening another seamless door, which had a staircase leading down towards darkness.

Jeno couldn't see that far, so about when Jaehyun had taken him halfway down the stairs, the shadows had scared him, making him scream out, pain was still cascading through his body, but Jaehyun's stiff shoulder pressing into his stomach allowed him to focus his pain in one spot, and the stairs were helping,

Jeno didn't like this form of transportation, but he'd have to live with it, even though it was helping him in the long run, but eventually Jaehyun would have to let him down, and that was what he dreaded the most.

Jaehyun had made it to the bottom of the staircase, but the sound of quick footsteps made both Jeno and Jaehyun look up, seeing a rushing Taeyong making his way down the stairs.

Jaehyun had smiled, and turned a light on, illuminating a large chair, which looked quite like the old dentist chairs that were used, except this was completely white, with about three monitors set up around it.

Jaehyun walked over to the chair, and sat Jeno in it, who immediately started to shake a little from the pain that now flowed free through his body.

Jaehyun noticed it, and quickly grabbed the boy's wrist, applying just a little pressure, hopefully giving the boy enough to focus his pain there.

Jeno seemed to calm down, smiling appreciatively at the older.

Taeyong reached over Jaehyun, taking these wires with a nerve reader at the end of each, placing one on each of his temples, then two more further on his scalp.

There was some more placed on his stomach and arms, until Jeno felt like his whole body was alight with a buzz he had never felt before.

Jaehyun had been releasing the tension on his wrist since Taeyong started, until he finally just let go of his wrist, but Jeno wasn't in pain anymore.

He then got up and left the room, going into another room that was behind a small booth, where they could see what Jeno was doing.

Jeno felt like he was inside the interrogation room once more, except he could see Jaehyun's face.

Taeyong was still doing some last check up things, to make sure everything was correct, before pausing for a long second.

Then he, too, retreated behind the mirror. More footsteps rang out through the basement, as well as the distinct sound of the door closing behind those people.

Then Johnny, Taeil, Jungwoo, Lucas, YangYang, Kun, XiaoJun, Yuta and Sicheng came into the room, looking at Jeno curiously, before heading into the booth that Jaehyun and Taeyong were in.

Then Taeyong's voice sounded out into Jeno's mind, almost making him cry at the decibel, his voice monstrous in his mind. He cringed, but the truth was that Taeyong made sure that it wasn't too loud so that the boy wouldn't have that reaction. Jeno's nerves still seemed to buzz, especially when the message came into his mind.