- Seven -

Renjun woke up completely disoriented. His vision was blurry, hair in his face, and couldn't make out any definitive object to show him where he was.

Rubbing his eyes didn't help because he couldn't move. The lime green hue of the digital clock unreadable, only its light source.

Renjun groaned, from the feeling of it he was laying on a solid surface, deeming it his floor. But what he was really confused about was why he was on the floor.

As a steady sleeper, he didn't move around a lot. 

So waking up on the floor was not common, at all.

Soon he felt the headache kicking in, groaning again.

He was in pain, and didn't know why.

He could hardly open his eyes in the green hue, darkness surrounding him.

Realization hit him. 

He was in sleep paralysis again. 

Unable to move, he laid on the cold floor.

This was another reason he wanted someone to live with him. He didn't want to bother someone else with his problems, but in situations like this he had to admit to himself that he needed someone else.

After staring at the ceiling for who knows how long, he slowly moved the tips of his fingers, gradually getting feeling back into the appendages. Still stuck, but could now feel, he ached, pulling himself up into a sitting position. Leaning against the bed frame, he started to think.

Why was he even here? To suffer? To be a lab rat for the rest of his life? Just how long was Renjun going to let himself be stuck in this situation? Being stuck in the empty wing for the rest of his life showed no appeal to Renjun. But he knew that was his fate. He didn't want to be in this society anymore. Constantly trapped, with nowhere to go, no safe place to just be himself. But Renjun wasn't quite sure who himself was. What exactly is his personality? 

He often thought like this when he was awoken in the night, and couldn't go back to sleep. What exactly was he to do else wise? 

He looked up at the dark ceiling once again, tears threatening to fall. He felt the familiar tightness in his throat, and the tears bridging at his eyes.

What am I going to do?

He continued to lay there, staring at the ceiling.

He never had these thoughts before. He used to always be inputting, without question, like a robot.

But meeting the two boys, made him realize that he was not a robot. He is a human being. With human feelings. And he knew that with the smallest contact he had with the other two had messed with him. The only problem was that he wasn't quite sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing. 

Looking at the time as his vision started clearing up, he noticed that it was only 12:30.

Sighing, he laid back under the covers, suddenly nervous if he were going to be able to go back to sleep. 

In hopes of sleeping once more, he recalled the sound of a seashell. Hearing the sound in his mind, he began to fall back into the deep sleep he left.

. . . 

Jaemin was worried. 

Jeno was worried.

They had woken up from sleeping on the couch, Jeno first then he shook Jaemin awake, in hopes of seeing Renjun again. They quickly got ready, and were the first ones out of the dorm, truly a rare sight. They had on big smiles walking up to the school.