Part 1

So, this is the start of my book. I know that this book probably won't become popular or anything, but I'm not to cornered with that shiz. Warning: lots of spelling and grammar errors, dirty jokes, sarcasm, strong language, and corny (not horny, CORNY) scenes. That's all. Anyways, THANK YOU for reading my book and I hope you enjoy it!! Also if you haven't yet please go check out my other book "The Bakery" after you have finished reading this one!

Also, I encourage you to keep reading after these chapters and the next few chapters! Trust me, it might be boring now, but it will get better! I promise!

Figure skating is my life or was my life. I started to when I was 3 when I saw the Winter Olympics and I knew exactly what I wanted to do with my life and that was to figure skate. At least, that's what I used to think, but I'm getting ahead.

It started when I went to the ice rink, Mom and Dad said that I could take a break from unpacking our belongings in our new house. It was a nice house with a beautiful patio and flowered in the front. It was a two-storied house with four bedrooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen, and then a basement.

We had moved here because my dad had gotten a job offer to be a middle school teacher for better pay than he had at another school. At least that what he told me.

When I opened the doors to the rink for once since this past week I feel at peace. I lace up my light blue skates and head into the ice. I start with a couple of sounds and jumps just to warm up, and then do a single lutz.

I can feel the ice lightly scrape across my legs while the cold air nips at me as I move across the ice. Ironically as the song turns on. I'm not sure what is it but I use this to my advantage because I start to notice people staring at me.

I flip around to where I am skating backward spreading my arms out so I have some balance for my next trick. I do a double axle and a few more tricks as I glide across the ice.

Then when I know the song is about to end I go into a sit spin and a few seconds later that feels like an hour, I go into an upright spin. I start slowing down and then come to a full stop, my breath slows and I can feel my head beating quickly in my chest. I smile, I've missed this even though it's only been a week, and my muscles are tense since I hadn't done any skating or stretching in awhile.

I skate off the rink and notice that some people were still staring at me, some in awe, others jealous. It's not my fault you didn't learn how to skate. I chuckle to myself.

I unpacked my skates and them off. I see a man walk in towards me but then stops. A little girl who looks about 5 or 6 runs behind him to catch up to him. He picks her up and places her on top of his shoulder and she giggles.

The man seems to be in his late 40 maybe 50s with dark hair with a few gray hairs in the mix. He seems in shape and is wearing dark jeans with a navy coat.

He starts to walk towards me again, curious, I stay sitting on the bench, waiting for him to say something.

" Hello there." The man says to me " My name is Coach Mike, the hockey and gym coach of Idaho high....go bulldogs?" The man had a low voice that made him sound older than he looked. I raise a brow trying not to laugh at his choice of words but I'm guessing the bulldogs are the mascot of the school. Now that I think about it I'm going to that school.

" Oh! I'm going to that school next quarter." I state.

The man fumbles with his hands and the little girl leans down " Dad wants you on his sports team! You're good at ice skating. You can play games with teammates if you do?" The daughter says and I try not to let my dirty mind misinterpret what the innocent little girl is saying and laugh.

I chuckle and the man nods " Its true. I was wondering if you would be interested in joining the hockey team?"

I stand up a little bit quicker than I meant to and I feel my legs burn. But what I heard kind of surprised me. So he wants me to play hockey..... because I'm good at figure skating?

" Um, I'm going to have to say no...."

" Why?" He says and I can see in his eyes that he's desperate.

" Because I can only figure skate. I don't even know one thing about hockey."

" That's alright. From what I see, you could be a great player to our team, and my son can help teach you the basics, he's arriving in April but until then- "

" Okay look. I'm flattered but I just think this wouldn't work."

" Please? " the little girl says and my heart melts. I can't do this the girl's adorable. How am I supposed to say no win she's giving me the puppy dog eyes? You just can't. It's not possible.

I sigh " Fine."

" Yes! Thank you! You won't regret it, and I'll make sure that the boys aren't asses." He says.

I nod and slightly laugh, then he and the little girl walk away, both of them happier than usual. What a night.