Part 34

Warning: This chapter contain a lot of violence in it. If you are not comfortable in reading this chapter than you will have to wait for another one or just skip to the next part of the chapter. Thank you!

" WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN MY HOUSE?!?!" The man repeats slurring his words, and I know this was not Jayce or his stepmom. Where was she anyways? The twins spring up from their blankets and I can feel them shake.

There were no lights on. It was just pitch black which made everything more scarier. The only thing I could see was a black figure standing before us. I could feel the twins grip on me tighten, they knew who it was and I think I do too.

Just then a sharp pain comes across my face. " WHO ARE YOU?!" he exclaims. The twins start crying and he hits me again this time an aching pain going through my jaw, and I could feel tears rolls down my cheeks.

" TELL ME!" He demands. I start to stand up when I lean into Alvin's ear trying to stay calm but I was shaking just as much as the twins, " Take your brother, go to your room, and lock the door. Don't let anyone in until I say so. Ok? Its going to be alright." I kiss him on the head and Alvin nods and takes his brother's hand, and run to their room.

I quickly get off the couch and I feel a strong hand grab my arm much more firmer than he should need to - and he doesn't- and push me back on the couch. " STOP" I yell " PLEASE"

Before I know it, the man is on top of me beating me on my face, stomach, his breath reeking of alcohol. That's when I hear a large crack and a stinging pain goes through my left lung, and I snap....bad choice of words, but for what I do next I think it suits it.

I knee the guy in the stomach and he winces and starts hitting me again and again as more tears fall on my face and I cry out but I know no one will come. I can feel more bruises form on my body one punch after another as he holds me down, my arms and legs trying to fight back or try and do anything but its useless. This guy is crazy. I take whatever object was closest. It was the remote. I did the only thing I could do. I clutch the remote in my left hand I jammed the remote into his eye.

He screams and I could see him raise his arm in the air and a bottle in his hand that I handy noticed earlier
" WHY YOU LITTLE B-"

" GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM HER" I hear a familiar voice say and that's the last thing I hear before my vision goes black.

●●●●

I sit up a little to quickly and the room starts spinning, so I lay back down, and then slowly come back up. Jayce comes into view as he sits at my bed fast asleep his head laying down on my bed.

I look around the room. It was definitely a hospital room with white walls and floor, a chair right by the door, and an I.V that's right beside my bed as the cord runs down and into my arm. I feel a piercing pain in my head and put my hand up to it. I had a bandage on the top of my head that I know wasn't there before. Had I really been beaten that badly? Who even was that man?

Just then Jayce jolts up in his chair and a lol of relief comes across his face.

" Thank the Lord you're alive." He says and takes me into an embrace which kind of surprised me, and I flinch and he quickly lets go.

" Sorry." He says looking away for a moment.

" Its alright." I shrug. I've gotten used to people surprise hugging me.

His hand was still on my bedside and I put mine over it. " Thank you." I say and Jayce shakes his head.

" You shouldn't of been there." He says and my heart drops " Babysitting or not you are the last person that I would want to see get hurt. You shouldn't have gone."

" I'm sorry." I whimper and I could feel the tears coming again. Jayce looks at me his eyes filled with something unfamiliar and he squeezes my hand.

" There is nothing you have to be sorry for Kenna. It wasn't your fault, it was mine. I should have been there earlier- "

" What about the twins? Are they alright?" I say purposefully interrupting him. It was my fault, I shouldn't of just carelessly fallen asleep. I was being an idiot. I hear a warm tear drop onto my hospital sheets.

I still couldn't help but feel this guilt in the pit of my stomach. It was my fault it happened. I should've made sure to lock the door, or at least go sleep with either the twins in their own room or Jayce's room (with the twins). It was my fualt this happened and nothing will be changing my mind. I was the one being ignorant and letting my guard down when I had already known about the abuse the kids get from their father.

" They're fine. " He says not happy about me interrupting him and is about to say something else when my mom bursts into the room.

" My baby girl! What the hell happened?! Are you alright?! Hi Jayce! Where's Olly?! I thought he was taking you home!" All the questions were flooding in but there were only two that had stick out from them. Where was Olly? Is he alright? And was that Jayce's dad?

" I'm alright mom." Is all I could get out.