Part 45

I lace up my skates and head on the ice. I haven't been here in awhile to just skate if you know what I mean. Olly follows behind me as I skate.

" Do you remember." He chuckles
" When Jayce broke your nose from volleyball?" He asks. I had actually forgotten about that until now. That seems like so long ago but it's actually only been like, what.... five of months maybe? Has it been that long?

I sigh " Yeah. I was so pissed. You looked like you were gonna have a panic attack when I was laying on the bench." I say poking his side and he jerks back and laughs. I laugh too.

" I haven't gone skating in so long. Not like this anyways." I say. Olly nods in agreement " Yeah me neither." He says.

We just skate in silence for awhile until Olly taps my on the shoulder " Tag you're it!" He says and starts to skate off.

" Hey! That's not fair!" I say and chase after him as he laughs. I pick up speed while I can feel the cold air nip at my skin. I've gotten used to this cold over the years, so much so it kind of feel like its not even cold air at all.

Before I realise it I bump into Olly and I fall on my butt. Olly turns around to look down at me, and starts laughing his ass off. " Yeah I get it. I fell ha ha so funny." I say dryly.

Olly calms down after a couple of seconds and wipes his tears , yes, he was laughing so hard he was crying. He reaches out a hand to help my up and I take, but when I do I pull him down onto the ice next to me and this time I was the one who was laughing.

" You're right that is pretty funny." I say after a second and Olly rolls his eyes and gets up. I get up to and then remember.

" Tag. You're it." I say to Olly taking him in the shoulder and then skating off.

●●●●

" Kenna!" The twins exclaim when I walk into the room, and they run into my arms.

" Hey boys!" I say enthusiastically. I lean down and hold out a bag in my hand and hold it out to them.

" What's that?" Alvin asks and Patrick nods in agreement.

" Shh! Go open it in your room and keep it in there. I would want your brother Jayce to find it. Alright?" It was just some candy but I didn't trust Jayce when it came to food for all I know he could be just gone to my house and eaten all of my food while I was out skating.

The twins both nods and take the bag then run into their room giggling. I walk into the living room and a wave of memories come flashing back. "Stop!"
" What are you doing in my house?!"
" Take your brother...."

" Kenna?" Jayce says knocking me out of my horrible memories. I wipe my eyes that we're starting to get blurry and clear my throat.

" Y-yes?" I ask. Jayce walks over and hugs me as if knowing what was going on in my brain.

" Its alright. That's over now." He says and hugs me tighter. I hug and back, a lump in my throat starts to form as I try to hold back the tears. Thankfully I do.

" Thanks." I sniffle when we let go. Jayce nods and smiles, a sincere smile.

" Kenna I- "

" Hey guys! The twins are in their room asleep......sorry am I interrupting?" Olly says walking into the room. He sits on the couch and I go plop on the couch next to him.

" Nothing much." I say " Jayce was about to tell me before you INTERRUPTED. What were you going to say?" Jayce clears his throat, looking away from us and shrugs.

" It's not important." Jayce says and I sigh. I'll ask him later. An awkward silence falls over us and that's when I get a call from Lilly.

" Hello?" I sing.

" Hi Ken Ken. So I have a question to ask. Don't worry I didn't do anything....bad.....I think. Ya know this could be a good thing but I'm not insure you know him that well and-"

I sigh cutting her off " What did you do?" I say dryly.

Lilly pauses for a moment and I can get hear nails tapping on her phone on the other end of the line " So Dylan asked me where your house is......"

A pang of anger goes through me for I already knew what she was going to say next. I jump to my feet " And you told him?!?!" I exclaim.

" Look if you think about it Jayce lives next to you and- "

" No! There is no and! Lilly how could you do that? Were you even thinking?!" Jayce and Olly gives me questioned looks and Jayce mouths is everything okay? I mouth back I'll tell you later. Jayce nods and so I walk out of the room and into Jayce's bedroom.

I take a deep breath closing my eyes to calm myself and I start to realise how tired I am and I yawn. I look at the time on my phone: 10:53 pm " Look, I just want to know why you told him." I say trying to stay calm.

" I- I'm sorry. I knew you were at Jayce's cuz I had texted Oliver ( that's what she calls Olly) and he said you guys were at Jayce's, so I thought it would be alright-"

" But what about all the other times I wasn't at Jayce's. When I'm at HOME. by MYSELF. Did you ever think that? No you didn't because you don't think about anything before you do it!" I hang up my breathing quickening and my heart pounding I throw my phone onto the floor and scream.

" I'd everything okay?!" Jayce asks barging into the room. I huff running my fingers through my hair.

" Yeah. Everything is just splendid just fantastic. " I say sarcastically plopping onto his bed.

Jayce sighs " Olly needed to go home. His mom was getting worried.....what's wrong?" He walks over to the bed and sits next to me. That's when I hear my phone beep.

Dylan: Hey I'm at your house. We need to talk. I know you know it's me.