Part 42

" What's with the face Ken Ken? Got something or SOMEONE on your mind?" Lilly asks me. I'm not sure how to answer that question for I did have something on my mind, but I'm not sure if I should tell them.

" Um....." I mumble.

" Oooh who is it?" Olivia chirps and I roll my eyes. Lilly starts squirming in her stance while she giggles with excitement.

" I think I know who it is!!" She squeals and I almost choke on an Oreo. We had brought some snacks up to my room since we were having 'a girls night'.

" Y- you do?" I studder and my friend's smiles grow even wider.

Olivia slams her hands onto the bed " I think I know too! On count of three?"

" One! Two! Three!" They both say but what they said next is what surprised me the most.

" Olly!" Lilly exclaims.

" Jayce!" Olivia exclaims. I scoff at their answers I've said this before and I'll say it again, I don't like either of them. Sorry to all those people who thought but I don't think it would ever happen.

I shake my head " I don't like either of them, and they don't like me either." I say.

My friend's mouths drop open in astonishment. I take another sip of my cola and look back at them.

" I'm serious! Were just friends!" I say but they still don't believe me. Olivia's mouth snaps back and she shakes her head.

" How much you wanna bet?" Olivia asks, turning her head towards Lilly, and Lilly's eyes grow wide a mischievous grin forming across her face.

" I bet you $50 bucks and I'll buy your lunch for a whole week." Lilly says holding out her hand towards Olivia.

" Deal! I'll do the same." Olivia says and shakes her hand. Jokes on them I won't be dating either Olly or Jayce. I wonder what they're doing anyways. The thought of Tatum and Jayce earlier today makes its way in my brain and an instant prang of anger comes through me.

That's when I hear my phone go off.

Jayce: Were on our way to your house! see you;)

I type immediately, so fast that I can hear my thumbs tapping in my poor on one screen. Olivia and Lilly scoot to either side of me and Olivia turns to Lilly.

" Ha! See?! Team Jayce is already ahead!" Olivia says and Lilly sticks out her tongue.

Me: Uh, since when?

Jayce: Since about 5 minutes ago.

Me: Jokes on you, you don't know where my house is.

Jayce: No, jokes on you becuase I'm also friends with Olivia's mom :)

Me: QUITE USING SMILEY FACES

Jayce: Why Princess? Does it make you uncomfortable? ;)

I sigh and look up from my phone to see Olivia giggling and Lilly shaking her head in disapproval. I look back down at my phone and quickly type back a response.

Me: Ok bye.

Jayce: See you in a little bit Princess :)

Me: No you're not.

Jayce: Yeah but you wish I would ;)

Me: That's not a wish, that's a curse.

Jayce: Goodnight Princess.

Me: Goodnight ass hat.

I set down my phone and sigh " This boy is gonna be the death of me." I say.

" Why is that? He clearly likes you." Olivia teases poking my stomach, and I struggle but push her away and she laughs. I beg to differ.

●●●●

It's been two weeks since Lilly and Olivia had slept over, but I have never felt closer to my friends. It was now April 18, which means that in just a month it would be my birthday, but there is no way I'm telling my friends that.

I have decided to shrug off the idea of either Olly or Jayce liking me and just decided to focus on other things.

Coach had come back today but that didn't mean that he coached hockey practice. Jayce still did. But it did help us win the match last Saturday that I, yes I, got to play in. Jayce had decided to put me as the left wing and I have started to get better about my positions and the drills. I also learned a full fact. Did you know that professionals call a hockey jersey a sweater? Haris told me that one.

Hockey practice just ended and was now taking off all of my heavy hockey equipment and showering in the locker room. The girls locker room. After I finish showering and I start to put in my T-shirt I hear someone walk into the locker room but I don't think anything of it.

" Girl you need to get more meat on your bones!" I hear a familiar voice say. I quickly put on my shirt to see Jackie standing in the doorway of the girls locker room, I roll my eyes, slip on my sweatpants, and grab my bag off of the bench to go see her.

" Its good to see you too." I say and she laughs.

" You seem better than the last time I saw you." She says and I nod.

" That's because I am. " we walk out of the hallway that lead out of the locker room and turned right to the front of the ice rink. I plop down onto a bench and Jackie sits down next to me.

" Why does Jayce have to be so harsh with the drills?" I mumble.

Jackie laughs and shrugs " You won't have to worry about that for a lot longer since Mitch's dad is here now. He went into the boys locker room."

I turn to her surprised shown on my face " You mean coach Mike is Mitch's dad?" Jackie nods and holds out her phone to show her lock screen it was of her and Mitch who was wearing his hockey gear standing in front of this ice rink, with Coach's arm wrap around him and his little sister holding onto his leg.

" I didn't know Mitch did hockey." I say.

Jackie shrugs " He doesn't like to talk about it a lot. He was gonna go to some big college for hockey but then he got injured from a car wreck, so he couldn't. At least, that's what he told me."

I hear the guys coming towards us laughing about something and I stand up and almost fall back in the bench from the weight of my heavy bag. That's when I see him, with that same bright smile and same dirty blonde hair I could spot him from miles. The same person who made me think that I couldn't make any friends because I was to.....what was wrong with me anyway? Why did he leave me?

But I know who this boy was. He was my first ever friend and my only friend until I moved here. The friend who left me because I wasn't good enough. Dylan. I do the only thing I could think of.

" Hey guys! Who's that guy?" I ask my teammates.

That's right, I'm acting like I don't know him. Hey, he started it.