Part 9

We enter my house, and as promised I walked into the kitchen to make Olly some mac n cheese, but to my surprise find my parents standing there as if they were waiting for us to get home. My mom looked as if she were ready to start planning my wedding and my Dad looked as if he was trying to figure out how to hide a body without the police finding out, no question it was probably Olly's body.

" Hi, mom. Hi Dad. What a surprise!" I say to them.

" Not really this is our house. " My mom says and then looks over at Olly "Who's this guy? Surely it's not the one that slept over last night."

A pang of realization hits me and my stomach twists into knots. They knew that Olly had slept over and that's why they were waiting for me to get home. I swear to god if-

" I'm sorry Ms. Foster. I came by to give her the work that she missed at school and since it as storming outside Kenna let me stay and sleep on the floor." Olly says.

My dad gives me a questioned look bur I nod in agreement. I was going to have to make a lot of mac n cheese to thank Olly for this, even though he was the one that came to my place drunk in the middle of the night.

" Why so late? You woke my wife and I up from our sleep, and it seemed like there was more than just the two of you in there."

" We were watching tv and since it was storming so hard we had to turn up the volume and as for why he came so late..." I look over at Olly for some help and Olly nods.

" I had worked late that night. I was babysitting for a family member and they came home later than they expected, and I wanted to get it to Kenna before she went back to school." 

How was Olly coming up with all these great excuses? I swear he could be a double agent for the F.B.I and I would have no idea. This guy was really good at lying....that's not a good thing so why am I so happy that he is. Oh! That's right! Because I am ninety-eight percent sure that I will not be getting grounded thanks to Olly's great 'acting skills'....definitely not lying.

Mom gives me another glance and then looks back at Olly. " Okay. I believe you." She says to us and me giant smile forms on my face but I quickly cover it with a cough to make it less suspicious. I wasn't used to this, and I don't think I ever will be. Before this I never had to sneak any friends into my house before because 1: I didn't really have any and 2: I wouldn't be able to get away with it....that is...until now.

Taking Olly's hand in mine, I smile and say " Okay. Thanks." And quickly lead him upstairs trying to not act like I just lied to my parents.

You're probably wondering why this is such a big deal to me. Well, I've never lied to my parents....like ever. I don't have any memories of me lying to my parents, and the reason for that is because my parents have never lied to me before, so we should I lie to them....until now.

Guilt is running through me as the weight in my chest is getting heavier and heavier. I can't believe I just did that? How does Olly do this?

I open the door to my bedroom, letting go of Olly's hand, and then plop down on my bed to cover my face with the pillows. If my parents find out they will for sure kill me. I'm doomed, absolutely dead.

" Kenna? Hey. What are you thinking about in that head of yours?" Olly asks knocking me out of my thoughts.

" How I should live my last few days," I mumble into the pillow.

" Is this because of the whole lying to your parents thing? C'mon Kenna, it's not like you haven't had to do it before....assuming you have that is...."

I pick my head up from my pillow and give him a dirty look.

" So you haven't?"

" I've only ever had one friend until now, and that friend....moved away." Yeah, smooth Kenna, smooth.

" You haven't? I thought out of all the people......uh....nevermind." Olly says his face turning red and I sigh.

" Its okay Olly, really. I've just never had to lie to my parents before that's all."

" Oh." He says.

" Yeah but it's alright, it was bound to happen at some point in my life. I guess today was that day. Now let's just pray I don't go to hell for it."

" I thought you said it was fine."

" I don't know anymore. The guilt is messing with my brain."

" Are you sure- "

" Wanna watch a movie?"

●●●

" So you're telling me that the teacher before Ms. Harley got fired for watching a school fight with a bucket of popcorn in hand?" I ask in between laughing. Olly and I didn't end up picking out a movie and just started talking and now I was laughing so much my stomach was starting to hurt.

" Yeah, he was the best. A dick sure, but he was pretty funny."

After a while, I calm myself down and wipe away my tears. Looking over at Olly he seemed like he was starting to get tired even though it was only seven o'clock at night, but I'm sure his parents wouldn't mind if he stayed up a little later since they were all the way around the world in a cruise.

" So..wanna watch a movie now?" I ask him picking up the remote from beside me. I turn on the tv and start browsing through Netflix before he could even answer so either way, we were going to watch something.

" What about the Titanic?" I ask.

"Too depressing." He answers.

" Pretty Little Liars?"

" Never."

" Hmm...Glee?"

" Why can't I pick one?"

" Because I already know that you're going to pick some scary shut movie that I don't want to watch."

" How do you know I wasn't going to pick something else?"

" Well weren't you?"

" Maybe."

" So I was right?"

" But horror movies are awesome! They're way better than those chick flicks that all you girls watch!"

" They freak me out!"

" That's what they're made for Ken!"

Silence fills the room as I skim through the shoes that were on Netflix and I finally find it.

" Coco?"

" Sure." Olly agrees.

Sorry, this is such a short chapter, but I hope you enjoyed it. I've been pretty busy lately, so I do thank you for being patient.
Happy reading!