Part 61

I stand there as still as a tree just looking at Jayce with his small smirk planted on his face, his brown eyes filled with something unfamiliar. I didn't know what to say. I didn't know what to do. Was this ass hat serious? Is this a joke? He's playing with me isn't he?

So I did the only thing I could think of, I ran. I ran straight out of the building, to the parking lot, and then just sat down on the cold concrete. I could feel my heartbeat rapidly pulsing as if I had just swam 50 miles.

I could see Olly walking towards me out of the corner of my eye and he stops right beside me and leans over. "You do realize that he was the one that planned this all? He decorated, spent the money, took as any jobs as he could to pay for it just so that you could celebrate your seventeenth birthday. Besides its not like you haven't done it before." Olly says to me. He sits down next to me wresting his head on his hands before he looks back up at me.

My cheeks heat up " You knew? How?" I ask him.

" Well between you and me we all knew that you two liked each other, but Jayce actually told me that it had happened. He didn't know what to do or say. He was kind of a wreck, always checking his phone to see if you texted him while you were just an emotional, dramatic, moody, mess ."

" Thanks." I say dryly and Olly chuckles. He was right though, at least for my part, and I didn't know he has noticed. I thought he was probably to busy to hang out with me and would rather hang out with Olivia.

" Hey Olly can I talk to Kenna?" I hear Jayce's low voice ask from behind us. Olly looks back but I just keep looking forward. I didn't know what to do.

" Sure bro." Olly says, stands up, and walks back into the building.

Jayce crouches down in front of me with a small smile on his face. He didn't look mad so that was good, but he didn't look to happy either. I felt a small pain in my chest weigh me down when I saw his eyes had turned gray again. I didn't deserve Jayce. Not one bit.

" I'm so sorry." I mumble and Jayce only shakes his head.

" You don't have to be sorry. It wasn't your fault. I was the one that misread everything- "

" No! You didn't misread anything." I could see a glint of happiness appear in his eyes when he looks at me, a goofy smile forming on his face.

" So then what was it?"

" I-I just panicked."

" Would you kiss me now?"

" Don't boys have cooties?"

" Are you stalling?"

" Am I?"

" I'm starting to get the feeling that you don't want to."

I laugh and place my hand against his cheek " I do but I need to know something."

" What is it?" He asks.

" Are you in love with me ass hat?"

" Depends, are you in love with me Princess?"

I pretend to think for a moment and smile " Not yet."

" Yet?"

" Mhm."

" Than I'm not either." He paused for a moment " But I will say that you Kenna, have been blessed by the one and only Jayce Tyler, liking you. Like liking you."

" So that's your last name?" I giggle.

" Does no one seriously not know my last name? Jeez."

and kiss him. He kisses me back but sadly what lasted what felt like hours only lasted for a few seconds and we separated. I almost screamed for how happy I was I didn't even know how I hadn't fainted yet.