Part 48

Usually I would be surprised that hockey season was still going on but after what I went through today at the tournament I am definitely not. Those people are so mean on the ice, Olly was right this is nothing like figure skating at all.

Thankfully, we did win, but barely. I wasn't to focused on the number Becuase I was to busy trying not to break a bone when the other left wing was pushing me up against the sides of the rink. And I take back what I said about being a girl and boys take it easy on me, apparently no one cares if your big or girl or boy, they just want to beat the other team and when the championship.

It was Saturday and we only had one more week of school left, but sadly, the tournament goes on until the end of May and it was just now May 24.

I was now in the girls locker room getting changed out of my sweaty and heavy hockey gear and changing into a T shirt and leggings. I shove all my gear into the huge ass hockey bag and haul it out of the locker room.

I see Jayce by the front of the rink waiting to take me home since we played at a different rink further away today, and Olly had something else going on that he seemed pretty secretive about, and I wanted to ask but before I could, he ran out of school and left.

" Hey princess." He says and I roll my eyes.

" Why do you even call me that?" I ask as we walk out of the place. Jayce chuckles but shakes his head.

" One day I'll tell ya but for now. I'm going to leave that a mystery, to you at least. But I'm sure everyone else knows, you just don't." This makes me hurt to know this. Why would he tell everyone else but not me? Why them?

" You told everyone except me?" I ask and Jayce laughs. After a while he calms down wiping a tear away and gets in the motorcycle.

" No. You're just blind." He says handing me a helmet, I put it on and get onto the bike. I'm not sure now but I guess I got used to being around this ass hat that I felt comfortable almost natural putting my arms around him when I'm riding on his bike. I didn't feel awkward anymore.

After awhile Jayce stops in front of my house. I take off my helmet a d hand it to him throwing my hockey gear into my shoulder.

" Thanks for the ride." I say and Jayce smiles " No prob Bob." I turn away and I can feel Jayce watch me as I walk towards my house, but that's not what was surprising, he wasn't following. Usually when he drops me off he'll stay for awhile but for some reason he just sat there.

I turn back around " Are you not coming in?" I ask and Jayce chuckles.

" Its sad to say I will not. Tatum invited me to go to a party with her, I would invite you but it doesn't seem like your thing so..."

I scoff. It might not seem like I'm not a party person but- yeah he's right but that doesn't make me any more upset.

" I am a party person." I state, folding my arms.

Jayce laughs " Yeah and I'm the president of the United States. I bet you haven't even been to athe party before." He says with sarcasm.

" I-I've been to a party before." I say.

" Like what? A birthday party? "

My face turns red and I adjust the strap of my hockey bag in my shoulder. " Whatever." I say and trudge into my house. I have to say, I was hurt not only that Jayce was going to be with Tatum doing god knows what, but that he assumed that I wouldn't want to go to a party with him.

I drop my bag onto the floor and close the door. I go ahead and take a shower and change into a pair of sweatpants that I borrowed from Olly and never gave back and a T-shirt.