Part 49

Two years ago....

" Hey Dylan!" I shout from across the parking lot. Dylan gives me a big smile as I walk over and then hugs me when I reach him.

" Hey Kenna." He says when we let go. He seemed a lot more happier today than usual, but at least he's not depressed and if he is, he's very good at hiding it.

" What's up," I ask " You seem extremely happy today."

" I have a suprise for you!" He sings. My eyes grow wide and I start to jump up and down  " What is it? What is it? What is it?" I ask.

Dylan laughs " You'll see. I hope you like it."

" WHAT I hate surprises! You know this!" I tell him, poking his arm. Dylan laughs and I can't help but smile too. Even though it is a suprise I'm just glad it's from my best friend.

" Lets go to class." Dylan finally says sealing an arm over my shoulders, and we walk to class.

Dylan's P.O.V.

It was lunch, and so was looking everywhere around the cafeteria looking for Kenna. I find her sitting awkwardly with my friends, and I could help but feel a prang of jealousy as my other friends converstated with her. But it all faded away when I saw her looking at me with her beautiful eyes and showing her dimples when she smiles.

I never told her but for some reason I had fallen in love with this girl, Kenna, and today was the day I would ask her to be my girlfriend. Everything is going to be perfect. We would first be going to her favorite place to eat, Pete's Pizza, then to a movie, and then to the ice rink where I would ask her to be my girlfriend. If all goes well she will be.

I walk over to the lunch table and sit down next to Kenna. All my friends were now co overeating with one another except for Kenna who seemed quite frustrated.

" They don't bite." I whisper to Kenna.

Kenna roles her eyes as she always does but I could still see the smile on her face even if she was trying to look annoyed " Nobody seems to like me here. That's it." She says.

I scoff " Well that hurts." I say and Kenna shakes her head.

" I'm serious how do you do it? How are you so extroverted, nice, popular? Sometimes I envy you." This was kind of odd coming out of my best friends mouth, usually she didn't care if she didn't have any friends but for some reason she now does.

" Hey, you'll always have me." I say and Kenna laughs then nods.

" Yeah, I guess I'm stuck with you."

●●●●

My phone buzzes on my bed while I was preparing the arrangements for the surprise for Kenna. It was from Alex, she was my friend.

Alex: heard about the surprise for Kenna....

Me: What do you think? Do you think she'll like it.

Alex: Well in my opinion....nvm

Me: tell me.