Part 58

" So Ken Ken.....happy birthday." Tatum says and for some reason even though everyone else calls me that, it makes me hate her even more for her saying my nickname.

" Thanks." I mumble as I'm taking a paper towel from the dispenser. I'm about to grab the door handle when I hear a sigh come from Tatum behind me.

" I feel like you don't like me for some reason." She says and I flinch. I turn around trying to fake a look of hurt by putting my hand up to my chest and my eyebrows raised while trying to not say duh! Isn't it obvious!

" Why would you think that?" I ask.

Tatum sighs again putting her hands on her hips and pursing her lips.
" Don't play dumb please." She says and I roll my eyes " I know you like Jayce."

I scoff and look away from her, but I could feel my heart about to beat out of my chest and my palms were start to get sweaty. " N-no I don't." I mumble.

Tatum just shakes her head and sighs " Look. Its obvious so stop lying, but either way it doesn't matter. He doesn't like you anyways." I wanted to yell at this girl, tell her to just leave me alone and that she has no right to say that. But she was right. Why would Jayce like me? I shouldn't of even thought that he might.

A wave of sadness washed over me and I look down at the ground. I hear a feint chuckle from Tatum who suddenly leans down to my eyes level, smoothing out her skirt. " Even if Jayce doesn't like you and he is in love with me. When can still be friends right?" She says, and all I wanted to do was punch her in her stupid pretty face, or crawl into my bed and cover myself with my covers, or eat my feelings away, or all three. But I didn't do any of it, I simply just smiled and nodded.

A pleased look comes across Tatum's face and she smirks. Pushing herself back onto her feet she then walks out of the bathroom leaving me alone with my thoughts. I wanted to be, but not here, not where people could see me. I wanted to go home. Screw having Eliza as a butler and a free lunch, even though I was going to get a it more than just some hamburger that he probably was going to get. But that doesn't matter anymore.

I take a deep breath and walk out of the bathroom and over to Dylan who was having a conversation with Devin about some stupid videogame. Dylan glances at me and I try to force a smile but I guess Dylan could sense something was wrong. He finishes talking to Devin and turns his attention to me.

" Hey you alright Kenna?" Dylan asks me while putting a hand on my arm. I couldn't even speak, I just nodded and he understood. If Jayce was here he would do the same thing like he always does. He can read me like a book and I let him and end the end he left me. Just like some other people I know.

Dylan turns to the group putting the hand that he had on my arm around my shoulders. " Kenna's not feeling well, so I'm going to take her home so she can test for awhile before.....the thing. " he says. I'm grateful to have a friend like Dylan with me even if he had done some things in the past.

The memory of Jackie comes to my mind when I had first met her at the diner the day Jayce and I had gotten in a fight "but that can be a flaw too." She had said. She was tight and again for the second time today, I was wrong.

Olly gives me a worried look and mouths are you okay? But I just smile and nod almost killing me inside lying to one if my bestfriends, but I just wanted to go home.

" Alright. Hope you feel better." Olivia says and walks up to me. She wraps her arms around me and I hug her back, but only for a quick second. Soon enough I was hugging everyone goodbye, and after all of that was done I quickly walked out of the bowling alley.

●●●●

" Thanks for the ride Dylan. It means a lot." I say and open the door but I feel Dylan's hand wrap around my wrist.

" Do you want to talk about it?" He asks.

I give him a forced smile shake my head " Only if you have something that can get rid of my memories. The bad one at least." I try to laugh but all that comes out was a slight whimper.

Dylan looks at me and so could see the sadness in his eyes. For me. I place a hand on his " Don't worry I'll be fine. I just need a nice nap and some food and ill be good to go for the thing you were talking about at bowling."

Dylan gives me a small smile and lets go of me. " Alright. See you later Kenna. " he tells me, and I get out of the car.

I step into my home to see mom quickly covering something up with some foil. " Hey honey! Didn't know you'd be home so early. Where are your friends?" She asks me.

A wave of guilt washes over me realising that I had just left my own birthday party for some stupid thing in a bowling alley bathroom. "Dylan dropped me off since I wasn't feeling well." I lie.

Mom doesn't believe it for one second. I swear she had like a little lie detector implanted in her brain! " Bullshit." She says with a straight face.

I shrug "It doesn't matter all I want to do is go back to sleep." I say.

Mom rolls her eyes and scoffs "If you skipped your own birthday party for taking a nap it sure does matter."

" Meh."

" Meh?"

" Yes, meh."

" Whatever but don't blame me when you don't make it to your birthday thing."

" What is the birthday thing. "

" I guess you'll never know huh?" and on that note I walk out of the room not wanting to deal with anymore drama.