Part 11

" Nice to see you Jayce," I say dryly and Jayce winks at me. Lilly giggles and I roll my eyes, even the sight of him was annoying even though he looks like a god.

" Well if it isn't Jayce," Lilly says.

" Nice to see you too Lilly. "

" What do you want ass hat?" I ask Jayce.

" Nothing. Can't a guy just say hi to his friends?"

" I'm not your friend."

" Ouch, that stings, or is it that you don't want to be my friend because you want to-"

" Please don't finish that sentence while I'm eating."

" Whatever. See you at hockey practice tomorrow." He chirps and walks back to his table. I sigh and Lilly giggles yet again then turns her attention back to me.

" What was that about?" She asks with as a huge grin starts forming on her face.

" It was a simple conversation where Jayce tries to make my life even worse by trying to make me throw up, on my lunch."

" Are you sure?" Olivia buts in and I raise a brow.

" What else would it be? He's the guy that broke my nose." I say and take a huge of my food.

" Nothing, nothing at all," Lilly says and I give her a questioned look.

" What is it, Lilly?"

" Nothing."

" Are you lying?"

" Nope."

" Are you sure?"

" Positive."

••••

As I walk out of school I feel the cold air hit me and shiver. I should be brought a heavier jacket. Who knew it would be so cold here, I had expected it to be much warmer than in Colorado but no, it's still cold.

I spot Olly coming out if the building and walking towards me, " Hey Ken. Saw you eating lunch with the cheerleaders. Good for you!"

" Thanks but I can't take all the credit. Lilly kind of just asked me out of nowhere."

" That's Lilly for Ya. Spontaneous and random."

" and loud."

" That too."

I look away from Olly for a second to see if my Dad was here yet, and it turns out he was already pulling into the parking lot. I say goodbye to Olly and walk towards my Dad's car.

" Hey Dad," I say fo him as I get into the car. A sudden sadness come upon me and it's like the whole mood had changed. I look over to see that it wasn't only me that seemed affected by it though, Dad looked as if someone had just died. Did someone die? I hope not.

" Hi, sweetie." He sighs. He's more quiet than usual. He is usually always somewhat talkative but today it's as if someone had flicked a switch in his brain and he's gone into full depression mode. I really want fo to ask what's wrong but I don't want to overstep, but then again it's my dad and- okay let's just say something.

" So how was your day?" I ask.

" It was alright. How was yours, hun?"

" It was good. I made some new friends, their names are-"

" That's great hun."

Silence. Uncomfortable, awkward silence. I didn't like it one bit. Something was definitely wrong but whatevs it was I knew he wouldn't tell me. Ever since we moved here my dad's become more and more distant. My dad used to be fun and bright, but now he's all dark and gloomy. I wish I knew how to help him, but if I can't even know what's wrong then how am I supposed to do anything. I feel guilty for not knowing something was wrong sooner, only worrying about myself and my new school. I didn't even realize what was happening with my dad.

" Is everything alright dad? You seem off."

" Yup. Nothing you need to worry about. Everything is alright." He says.

We reach our house and my dad immediate gets out of the car. Was he upset with me?

••••

" Hi, mom we're home." I holler as we enter the house. Dad was still in his 'mood' when we get home, but it seemed to have gotten worse. When mom entered the room Dad wouldn't even look her in the eye. In all honesty, he looked guilty, when though he has nothing to be guilty about. Hopefully, he just had to give student detention or something and he just had a bad day at work or something.

Mom seemed to notice it too, her green eyes filled with worry as she looks at my father. She quickly walks over to him and whispers something in his ear. Dad nods and they walk out of the room leaving me and my mind filled with confusion.

I decided to shake it off (Cue Taylor Swift Music) and then ascend the stairs up to my room. As soon as I sit on my bed though my phone goes off.

I pick up my phone off of my dresser to see an unknown number on my screen, but you never know who it could be so I click the answer button.

" Hello?" I ask.

" Hey Kenna, it's Lilly."

" How did you get my number?"

" From Olly."

" How did Olly get my number?"

" Dunno, ask him."

I sigh and continue, " So What's up?"

" Well, I was wondering did you know-"

" Kenna, can I talk to you for a moment?" My mom asks entering my room. I give her the one-second gesture and she nods.

" Lilly, can I call to back later?"

" Sure is everything alright?"

" I'm going to hope so," I say to Lilly but looking back at my mom.

" Okay then. See you tomorrow."

" See you tomorrow," I say and hang up.

" What's wrong Mom? Is Dad alright?"

" Kenna..."