Part 20

Beep. Beep. Beep. The sound of the alarm clock ringing in my ears as I roll to the end of my bed and onto the floor with a hard thud. I groan and stand up off the floor, and trudge towards my closet. Today is going to be one hell of a school day and not the good kind. Let just say I prefer Saturday over any day of the week and that day was not today.

I decide on a pair of leggings and a large T-shirt with SpongeBob on it. Ever since I was a kid instead of watching Sofia The First or Peppa Pig, I would be in my basement watching SpongeBob Squarepants. I even had a party themed of the show when I was 5 and even though I don't remember a lot of details I still remember having fun.

I hear a knock on my door and without any consent, I hear the person walk in.

" Ken Ken its time to go to school." A low voice sings.

I whip around to see Jayce standing in the closet doorway with a huge grin on his face.

I roll my eyes " Why are you here?" I ask.

" Because were neighbors of course and because I saw your mom leave for work this morning and you don't have a ride."

" Ill take the bus."

" The bus already left - he looks at his wrist acting as if he has a watch on - 3 minutes ago."

I huff " Fine."

" Hell Yeah!" He yells pumping his fists in the air.

" Don't make me regret my decision idiot." I say grabbing my shoes as we walk out the door.

" I know you are but what am I?" Jayce says pointing is his finger at me.

" You're right."

" Really?"

" You're dumber than that."

" Thanks." He says dryly.

" I'm sorry I thought you already knew?" I tease.

" I'm pretty sure I know a lot more than you Foster."

" Like what?"

" Lets take hockey for example. You- "

" Ok ok you win."

He sticks his tongue out at me and I do the same in return. We walk to the sidewalk where Is see a gray truck parked at my house.

" You drive a truck?" I ask.

" Yeah why do you ask. You like it? "

" Lets just get in." I say opening the passenger door.

" Alrighty Ken Ken."

●●●●

" Look what I got?" Olly sings as he waves a jersey in his hand while walking my way.

" What did you get?" I ask.

" Your jersey!" He says tossing it to me and I catch it in one hand.

It was just right after hockey practice all the guys were sweaty and gross while I on the other hand was nowhere close. I had to sit out again. Coach said that for another week or so until I " get the hang of it" but how can I " get the hang of it" if I can't even play? Luckily Olly said that he'll work with me tomorrow after school since I clearly had no idea what I was watching in the rink.

I hold out the jersey in front of me. It was white with our mascot Billy the Bulldog on it with my my jersey number: 32 on it.

" Awesome!" I say nonenthusiastically.

" Why my aren't you excited? You got your jersey!" He says.

We started walking towards Olly's truck ( now that I think about it a lot of the guys have trucks around here. What happened to motorcycles? Jeeps? Vans? Anything other than trucks?)

" Kenna?" Olly asks knocking me out of my thoughts.

" W-what?" I stammer.

" I asked if you wanted to come over to my house for a while."

" Oh, sure." I say and hop into his truck.

" Alrighty then." He says and we take off towards his house.

Hello! THANK YOU TO ALL MY LOVELY READERS FOR READING THIS CHAPTER. LOVE YA!Happy reading!