Part 38

" Nope. Mitch you're wrong." I say. I'm a little shocked actually, out of all the people that could like me or even love me, he seems to think its Jayce. That would never work and even if he did like me, I don't like him back. Simple.

" We'll see." Mitch says and just rolls my eyes, and Jackie giggles.

" Can I just get some food?" I ask trying to change the subject. Mitch nods and calls for a waiter. How is this guy not fired I think. The waiter walks over here with an annoyed look on his face. It was a different one than I had last time when Mitch was to lazy to do his job. The waiter was Asian, with black hair but green tips at the end. He was wearing a red sweatshirt with black ripped jeans. His nametag on his green apron says Devin.

" Can I start you off with some drinks?" The waiter asks all of us, and Mitch is about to say something but Jackie covers his mouth with her hand, but then quickly pulls away with a disgusted look on his face.

" He licked me!" She exclaims.

" That's what she said." Mitch says wiggling his eyesbrows and the waiter laughs but quickly composes himself.

" I would like a coke." I say to the waiter and he hits it down on his notepad. Mitch and Jackie order their drinks and the waiter walks off.

About a little while later I leave the restaurant my stomach was filled and I feel like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I'm thankful to have some people that I can talk to about these things, even if Mitch is one of them.

Just then what Mitch had said comes back to my mind or something else....no. that would never happen. But even the twins said he talked about or a girl with my name a lot. Actually he's probably complaining about me. I can feel cheeks heat up at just the thought of it, or maybe it's because I've been walking a lot? Yeah. That's probably it.

I enter the house to see that Jayce hadn't left yet, instead he was making grilled cheese in the kitchen.

" Want some?" Jayce asks and I shake my head still a little pissed from his little temper tantrum, and I've already had to much food for the day.

" Suit yourself." He shrugs and flips his grilled cheese to the other side. I decide it would be a good time to use Jackie's advice. Talk to him. I want to ask him so many things.

" I have a question." I say propping my self up on the counter beside him, and Jayce raises his brow.

" Alright but it better not be- "

" It is about you and you're going to answer. From the little temper tantrum you pulled today I deserve that much."

" That wasn't a temper tantrum." He turns off the stove and moves the grilled cheese onto a plate.

" Oh really? Than what was it?" I snap back.

" I just- nevermind."

" You just what? Why can't you tell me?"

" Because I don't need to." He says his voice raising.

" You never tell me anything!" I exclaim and get off the counter to walk out of the room when I feel Jayce's hand wrap around my wrist.

" Please. Stay." Just hearing those two words makes me drop in my tracks and my heart melt in my chest. It turn around to face him his eyes were still gray but there was something different about them that I couldn't understand.

I sigh and decide I should say something " Jayce, I have done nothing for the past few weeks than being patient. Waiting for you to tell what's wrong and why your so....moody? But every time I even try to bring up, the smallest detail of anything about you, you always say 'in time you'll know'. But I'm done. I'm done trying to figure out who you are. I'm done being used.
I've put up with a lot of shit for being your friend and now I'm starting to regret that I ever tried. God, I don't even know your last name now do I?"

All there word fell out of me and that wasn't even a third of it. Jayce was about to say something but I beat him to it.

" Look, I get that you have had a rough life and all from your dad and stuff, but as I recall, I just got three broke ribs from you're father, found out that my father cheated on my amazing mother with Olivia's mom and now live in a fancy big house with a pool, and that's the real reason why we moved here. Before I came here I only Had one friend and then he ditched me for the 'popular kids' and then moved to God knows where! And on top of that. I joined the hockey team and most of the hockey team does NOT like me! So yeah, I'm pretty upset and hurt right now, but ill be fine! That's what I'm supposed to do right?" I didn't realise I was crying until Jayce reached up and wiped my tears away but of course, more came after that.

" I'm sorry." Jayce says " I've been a dick lately and I shouldn't of taken it out in you. I didn't know that all of this was going on. You have the right to be upset and I know that. Ill tell you anything you want to know alright? I do trust you."

" I trust you too.....somehow."

Its been a while since I've updated so here ya go! Thank you to all my readers that have stayed and waited to read this chapter, I really appreciate it! Love y'all. Happy reading!