Part 51

" Kenna I need your help." Mitch tells me as I walk into the diner. It was a Tuesday which ment that it was only 6 more days until my birthday and I was not happy about it. I've hated my birthday because after yourw over the age of ten, there is no fun I your birthday. At least that's what I think.

Anyways, Mitch had called me earlier today while I was at school -somehow he got my phone number- telling me that he needed to talks to me and that it as urgent.

" Alright. But let me get some food first." I say and take a dear in a booth.
Mitch sits down across from me and calls for the green hair waiter that served Olly and I about week ago or so. This time I don't even try to order and let Mitch do the talking. After he's finished talking to the waiter he turns back to me. His face looked horrified but excited at the same time.

" I was wondering how you propose to someone?" He asks. My eyes grow big and I squeal from excitement.

" You're going to propose to Jacki- " Mitch covers my mouth with one of his hands and I grab his wrist to take it off but he puts another hand over my mouth. I try to speak but it comes out as a muffled sound, getting a few off looks from other customers in the diner.

" If I take my hands away will you stay quiet and listen for once." Mitch asks. I give him an offended look a d he rolls his eyes " I'm going to let go now. Let me talk." He says and I nod.

I start to open my mouth to ask a questions but he gives me a warning look. After a second of him waiting to see if I was going to speak his take a a deep breath and begins.

" After I meet Jackie for the first time -we were at work you see- I knew that I was going to be with her. Then I realised the other day, that I never was attracted to any other woman ever since I gave been with her."

I laugh " So that's your reason for proposing?"

Mitch just rolls his eyes. The waiter arrives with our food and sets it on the table. Mitch waits until he's gone to answer.

" No. Its not just that....it's like....I just have a feeling ya know? She's....ugh I don't wanna say it."

" The one?" I ask a smiling creeping up my face. Mitch nods, embarrassed at what I said.

" That's so cute!" I say jumping in my seat. Mitch sighs and takes a bite of his food clearly embarrassed from me, but wouldn't you be excited for one of your friends -who can sometimes be a bit.....unpleasant- that has been there for you to propose to your other friend! Yes? See? I have a reason.

I sit back down in my chair, knowing that Mitch has had enough of me being embarrassing and laugh.

" So." I start " How are you going to do that?" Mitch finally smiles and I realise that that's probably what he was trying to say before I started to freak out.

" Well that's where you come in. You, Dylan, Jayce, Olly, Olivia, and some others are going to be involved. Jayce and you will be the one's to help me pick out a ring since I don't know what the hell to get her, and well you seem to have a decent sense of style and Jayce has known her all his life." I didn't know Jayce knew Jackie all his life. I thought they just knew each other from Mitch playing hockey.

" So you need me to help you find a ring? By when do you need it?"

" I need it by Friday and there is something else I need to ask of you."

I raise a brow surprised he needed so much help. Surely, I thought, he would be doing something simple, but then again Jacket seemed like a huge romantic and not at the same time. She's confusing to figure out.

" What else do you need me to do?" I ask.

" Well I heard from no one in particular that you're not to bad at singing?"

●●●●

" Ready to go find a ring Princess?" Jayce asks barging into my once peaceful room. I was at my dad's house who, again, wasn't home and Olivia had gone shopping with her mom after school which ment I was home alone.

I groan and Jayce plops onto my bed next to me " C'mon it won't be that bad. Besides, Mitch gave me his credit card." He pulls the card out of his wallet to show me and places it back into the wallet and then into his sweatpants pocket.

" Can't we go tomorrow?" I ask.

" No time better than the present." He stands up and holds his hand out to me to help me up. I huff but take it. We start walking downstairs when Jayce stops at the doorway.

" Hey Princess guess what I found out?"

" What?" I ask curious.

" I found it very sad that you wouldn't tell me when your birthday was and I had to find out myself. I can't believe your birthday is on Saturday and you didn't tell me?!"

" Uh....sorry?"

" No you're not."

" No I'm not." I agree and we head out the door.

●●●●

" Hey that one looks pretty." I say pointing to a classic looking ring with aher silver band attached to a diamond.

" No! Jackie doesn't like normal looking things. She likes to be different. This one should be perfect." Jayce says holding up a dark blue emerald with a silver band. It was definitely unusual but beautiful at the same time. Jackie would love it.

" I think she would love it. That's the one." I say and take the ring from his hand. " Lets go buy it."

" Why don't you out it on?" Jayce asks. My heart starts pounding for no fucking reason.

" A-and why would I need to do that?" I say.

" Calm down princess, you and Jackie both have small hands so we need to see of it will fit first."

" Oh." I say and sigh of relief. " I can do that."

Jayce chuckles " You're so weird."

" But you're still my friend." I sing.

" Lets just go buy this ring." He says grabbing my my that's not holding the ring and we walk to the front counter.

" So." Jayce begins as were walking out of the jewelry store " We did our job, now what should we do next?"

That's when I had a really great idea. Mitch is going to love it.