Part 35

Today, Wednesday, would be my last day at the hospital. It turns out he had cracked three of my ribs, rebroken my nose, a black eye, and the rest of my body was covered in bruises. But that wasn't the worst part. It was Jayce's dad who had beaten me. Jayce already knew that.

While I was still out of it, Jayce had to be interrogated by some policemen about what had happened, and now Jayce's dad will be sent to jail for.....I don't know how long, but I know its going to be a while until we see him again.

Everyday after school Jayce would always come and visit me, one day he even brought the twins to visit me, and I'm thankful they were back to there usual selves. At least, that's how their acting. I in the other hand wasn't. I'm surprised I can look any if Jayce's family or Jayce in the face without having a meltdown.

I did have one the first night at the hospital. I had woken up from a nightmare, the nightmare that I had just lived a night ago at the time, and had a full on panick attack, but it hasn't happened since and I hope it never happened again. Just the thought of not feeling like you can breath, like your about to suffocate, is enough for me to know that I will not be doing anything at Jayce's home for a long time.

Olly and Lilly have visited me as well. Lilly even brought me a card and a goody basket and said that the cheerleaders hope I get better soon. I don't think word has gotten around yet on what happened, but Olly knew.

The day Olly came he has burst into the room with tears flooding down his face and just hugged me so tight that I couldn't breath. He wouldn't stop saying sorry, and how all this was his fault, and I should've never agreed to babysitting, and so on. Lets just say he wasn't the only one crying afterwards.

Every night since the incident I've been having nightmares replaying the incident in my head and always waking up when the bottle hits my head. I've talked to my mom and doctor about it and all the doctor did was prescribed me with some pills and I've been taking them and its been doing better than before but I still have the dream every now and then.

Now back to the present, I lay here in bed waiting for Jayce to arrive any minute now since school just ended. The door opens and it wasn't who I thought would be standing in the hospital doorway. Its coach.

The door widens and in walks the little girl that I had seen a couple of weeks back from when coach had first seen me skate. She looked about the twins age but a little bit taller with light brown braids and dimples. She was holding a bouquet of daisies in her and a with a white piece of paper attached to it.

" Daddy and me got you flowers." She says holding them out to me. I take the flowers and give her a faint smile and she giggles.

" I made you a card to!" She says pointing to the white piece of paper I had seen earlier " Its a drawing of you ice skating." She says. Skating. I don't think I'll be doing that for a while. My smile lowers but so don't think she noticed because she just kept smiling and dancing around in her stance.

I look at the card. It had me skating on the front of it in the outfit I had worn that day at the ice rink. It wasn't a bad drawing of me for a little girl even though the eyes were uneven and my stance was a little awkward but she seemed proud of it. God that day seems so long ago now, so much had happens since then.

" Thank you." I say and her face lights up.

" She was very persistent on coming with me here. She really liked your skating that you did last time. All she can talk about is how amazing you looked and how she wants to be like you." Coach says and I smile. If this girl wanted to be like me she would definitely back out after one day of being me if she had the chance. Thankfully, she doesn't.

" That's so sweet of you." I say and leaned down towards her " If you want to be a figure skater I say go for it. No matter what any tells ya. Alright?"

She giggles and nods her head
" Alright!"

I yawn and coach takes that as their cue to leave. They say their goodbyes and walk out the door leaving me by myself in my hospital bed.

●●●●

" Sorry I'm late it was hard enough to get through the crowd of people asking me where you had been.....hard to believe huh?" Jayce says entering in the room. He closed the door behind him and sits down in the chair bedside my bed. I shrug, a long time ago I would've been estatic to know that people were surrounding my friends to know where I was, but now I didn't really care at all.

" Hey." Jayce says placing his hand on my head, his eyes were now gray again and I knew that that wasn't good. Jayce was in as much pain as I am, probably even worse." You alright?" He asks.

" I'm fine." I say forcing a smile. But I could tell that he knew I was lying he didn't push me though. He pats my head and shrugs folding his arms in the process " Okay." He says.

There was a moment of silence, but it wasn't an uncomfortable silence, it was more of neither of us needed to say anything. I hear the door opening to see my mom and the doctor who insisted on me calling him Steve. They seemed to be having a serious conversation when they had walked in, so Jayce and I both just stayed silent.

The realise that we were listening( even though they were right in front of us) and stopped immediately. My mom smiled at me, a genuine smile, a smile that I haven't been seeing a lot of lately from her and many others and I couldn't help but crack a smile smile too.

" Are you ready to go home?" She asks and I nod, eager to get out of the he'll hole that they call hospital and Jayce chuckles.

" Ill get your backpack." Jayce says and I giggle.

" Finally! Ill be free!" I exclaim and Jayce rolls his eyes, and just for a moment I felt okay, like everything will work out itself, and I won't have to worry. For a moment.