Part 53

It was that day. This week. The worst time of the month. My period. Great, just fantastic.

Walking out of the bathroom after doing my thing, I head towards my locker to gather my homework and then start walking out.

Here's the plan for the proposal: Mitch will be taking Jackie to the diner (it's where they met) and have a nice dinner. Then the song Thinking Out Loud will come one (hopefully played by someone on an instrument) and I will have to start singing. He was pretty desperate.

After that is over than the cheerleaders will do their little face routine when Mitch bends down on one knee. I'm pretty sure you can guess the next part.

The cheerleaders are on board, we have the ring, but we still need a musician. Great.

I was outside the school waiting for Olly to come out and I spot him walking with Olivia out of the building. Only sparing a glance at me before looking back Olivia I decide I'm going to have to get his attentions some other way." Hey! Olly! I have something to ask of you!" I sing while walking toward them and I'm pretty sure the whole parking lot heard it too. Olivia smiles but Olly frowns, looking disappointed.

" Well excuse me for trying to help a friend get married Mr. Moody pants." I say when I reach them and Olly rolls his eyes but then smiles.

" What do you need?" He asks.

" Do by chance play an instrument?"

Olivia eyes light up and I knew he probably does play an instrument.

" What instrument?" I ask.

" Just guitar, nothing big." He shrugs trying to act like its no big deal but inside I know he's proud of himself and I can't help but giggle.

Olivia steps toward " Actually this guy is great at the guitar I remember when-" Olly puts his hand over her mouth making the rest of her sentence come out as muffled noises.
She bites his palm and Olly yelps.

" That's what you get you dick." She says with a satisfied look on her face while Olly looks disgusted. I laugh and Olivia does too.

" So....can ya play guitar at the proposal?" I ask. Olly sighs but nods. I wrap my arms around him getting an unusual look from Olivia " Thank you thank you thank you!" I say. Olly pats my head and chuckles.

" No problem. " My friend Olly says.

●●●●

I right now, am at Olly's house while we practice for the proposal that's tomorrow. So far, we have figured out what notes he needs to do so it can go with the pitch of my voice and how fast or slow the rhythm needs to be.

" Okay you ready to take it from the top?" Olly asks.

" Yeah. Lets do this."

●●●●

" How was that?" I ask after singing. Olly's face is filled with astonishment, he was speechless, with his mouth dropped down to the floor and his eyes wide looking right at me. I'm not that good boy quit staring.

" T-that was amazing." He says. I walk over and put my hand under his chin, closing his mouth.

" I'm not that good." I say and Olly shakes his head laughing as if what I had just said was a joke.

" Why didn't you tell me earlier that you could sing?"

" Because I can't."