Part 56

Lilly pulls up to a small rollerskating rink to my surprise and puts our gray Kia sole in park. It was Dylan, Lilly, and I in the car. Dylan in the back and Lilly driving, which left me in the passenger seat.

" Why are we here?" I ask somewhat sounding disgusted. Either Lilly didn't here it in my tone or she just ignored it and answered " Well we had all decided that each of us are going to pick a place that we think you will like for your birthday but then we thought that was to much money, so instead we all have our ideas and voted. Eliza chose this one. "

" Isn't roller skating just like figure skating?" Dylan asks and I nod.

" No because its not on ice." Lilly argues. I just shake my head and chuckle and Dylan rolls his eyes.

I open my car door and step out leaving Lilly humming to herself as she gathers her things and Dylan tapping away on his phone. Not sure why they're taking so long to come inside, but they didn't seem to care if they were late.

Finally Dylan gets out of the car. He wraps his arms around me lifting me up just for a moment as I try to contain a scream from the SUPRISE attack. I squirm out of his grip, and Dylan laughs showing his dimple on his right cheek.

Dylan wraps his finger around my wrist and walks us up to the skating rink. "Hey wait up!" We here Lilly call from behind us. Dylan smiles but I on the other hand roll my eyes.

When Lilly reaches us she slings an arm over my shoulder and giggles. "Sorry that took a little longer than expected." She says.

"What did?" I ask.

"You'll find out later today!" She sings letting go of me and skipping to the doors. I jog after her, dragging Dylan along with me.

As I open the doors I look around to find no one in particular but for some reason a disappointed lingered in my chest. My shoulders slumped when I saw her. Tatum. Her long brown hair braided down her side but her eyes were as cold as ever as they stare back at me. Who thought of inviting this woman? I barely know her!

A light tap on my shoulder makes me jump and I turn around to see Dylan his face filled with confusion. "I'd everything alright?" He asks. I nod slightly giving him a smile, but I could see Dylan didn't believe me for a second but he didn't dare ask.

" Well lets get put skates." He tells me and we go over to the counter. Dylan and I tell the woman at the counter our shoe size and she gives us our skates. Feeling quite on edge I sit far away from Tatum as possible which was about a whole table down. Tatum gives me a fake smile when I shoot a glance at her and I just stick out my tongue.

I finish putting on my skates and Dylan does too giving me a slight smile as we skate onto the.... skating floor? Yeah. That thing.

It's been a long time since I've been roller skating and I can say I really don't miss it. Just because figure skating and roller skating both have the work skating in it doesn't mean they're the same or close to being the same thing.

My minds wanders back to Jayce. Where was he? Was it that bad of a kiss? I know I don't have a lot of experience, actually I don't have any, but I didn't know it was that bad. My insides start to churn by that thought and my breathing picks up speed. Dylan glances over at me with a worried look. " Kenna. Something bothering you?" He asks.

I contemplate on telling him or not but I decide that I if I would tell anyone it should be Dylan. He's known me for the longest he will know what I should do.

But what if he doesn't? What if you never talk to Jayce again? What if he tells are your friends about it and you get humiliated?! All these thoughts go through me mind but I quickly answer Dylan's questions before I change my mind. "Actually there is one thing...."