Part 4

I wake up very slowly and groan. Out of pain? Yes. Because I hate waking up? Also yes. It was around noon and my nose didn't feel that bad except for if I touch it or something, but that doesn't mean that I will not get my revenge let it be next week or in two years.

I rub the gunk out of my eyes and sigh. It's gotten pretty boring just sitting in my bed all day, even though my bed is my best friend, your best friend can get annoying too. I will say though that I haven't slept like this since I was probably thirteen.

I hear a knock on my door to see my mom standing in the doorway with her usual sad forced smile on her face. It breaks my heart to know that she wasn't happy, but do not know the reason was even worse. I love my mom and would do anything for her so to see her like this every day makes me just as sad.

" Hey, sweetie. How ya doing? I brought you some food." She says to me.

A pang of sudden guilt fills me when I see that she brought me a tray with my favorite food on it: chocolate cake. She went out of her way to do something for me when all I had was a broken nose.

Sadly I was going to have to go back to school tomorrow, but the coach said that I wouldn't have to go to practice. Even though I told him that I would be fine he still said that I should just wait until next practice to have time to heal. Honestly, I was kind of disappointed but also grateful at the same time for it, so yay to that.

" Fine, I guess," I say and shrug. She sits down on the edge of my bed and sets the tray of food on my lap. I give her a thankful smile and grab the fork that was placed next to the slice of cake and take a bite.

" It's delicious. Thank you." I say to her through a mouthful of cake. Mom laughs and nods in agreement.

" Well, I hope so. I made it myself." She says to me and I roll my eyes.

" That is a total lie. Last time you made cake you not only burnt the cake but also burnt the pan that you used to bake it with. That might be a skill but I don't think its the best baking skill mom." I say to her.

Mom laughs and pats my leg. " Yeah I bought it, but even though I'm not that great at baking I am a damn good cook."

" True. The mac'n'cheese from a box is my favorite!" I say with a hint of sarcasm. My scoffs and rolls her eyes but I could tell that she wasn't annoyed with me.

" Whatever. I have to go downstairs and get some of that cake for myself. Need anything else?" She asks me.

" No, I'm good. Thanks." I say. Mom then gives me a smile then takes my tray that once held the mouth-watering cake on it, then leaves the room.

I decided since I was already awake and that I would have to get up eventually that I should at least get dressed into something other than sweatpants and giant t-shirts.

I pull the covers off of me then head towards my closet. Going through my closet I find something that I hadn't seen in a while. It was the same blue jersey that I wore to all of his games and never even gave it back to him. Besides he would probably not of wanted it back from me since a freak like me had worn it.

I quickly throw that aside and decide on some black leggings and a cute light blue sweater. It was starting to get colder outside even though it's not even October yet, but I was used to the cold since I figure skate and I guess hockey now too, even though I haven't even gone to hockey practice yet.

I then go to my bathroom and brush my teeth, brush my hair, and wash my face, then go downstairs to the kitchen where Mom and Dad are.

" Hi, Mom! Hi Dad!" I greet them with a smile and wave as I ascend to the steps. They both greet me back with smiles and Mom waves but Dad goes back to doing what he was doing.

Mom was there eating her slice of cake just like she had said she would, and Dad was grading middle schoolers' geography papers. I swear teachers don't get enough credit for what they actually do because most of the time those teachers have no time to even have a conversation with their family. Example A:

" What are your students learning about Dad?"

" Oh ya know, just what I teach every year." He says to me. I give a silent groan of an annoyance then hear the doorbell rings.

" I'll go get-"

" I'll go get it." My mom interrupts. " I hope it's my new paintbrushes because somehow I lost my other ones through the move." She says and walks to the door.

I hear two different voices come from the entryway and even though I really want to eavesdrop last time I did that I thought I was going o have another cousin. News flash I did, her name is Stacy. She's three now and her first word was "Damnit!" If you're wondering why I'm just going to let you wonder. I'm not telling ya.

Mom comes back in the room with a confused but somewhat excited look on her face and looks at me. " Kenna hun, there's someone to see you." She tells me.

Who would be wanting to see me? Lilly? Olly? Why would they want to see me, I only have a broken nose...

I walk into the entryway to see that it was neither Lilly or Olly, it was jerk, Jayce, ass hat, the guy who broke my nose. I immediately whip back around but feel my mother's hand wrap around my wrist.

" He says he has to talk to you and that's it important. Turn back around." She tells me and I do as she says but not before I give her a make them go away please look, in which she replied with a this is your mess and I'm not getting you out of it look. I groan and turn towards Jayce with an irritated look in my face.

He was wearing light gray sweatpants and a loose black tank top, and his dirty blonde hair was going in different directions from left to right. Clearly, he didn't really care about his appearance but I could relate.

There was a woman standing behind him with a newspaper in hand which sort if frightened me. She didn't look like Jayce at all. Jayce at pretty brownish hazel eyes while she had gray, and that's just one example. Long story short this had to be a family friend or something.

" What do you want ass hat? Aren't you supposed to be in school?" I ask Jayce bitterly, folding my arms against my chest. Jayce runs his hand through his hair only making it worse, but somehow still looks gorgeous in doing so, and I invisibly smack myself for thinking it.

" I got suspended, Kenna." He says in a low attractive voice. Shut up, Kenna.

Obviously, I didn't feel bad that he got suspended but then again I was sort of curious.

" How long?" I ask.

" Well, they said that if I go to detention for the next week that I can start back tomorrow." He answers.

Smack!

The lady raised the newspaper and hits him on the head with such power I wasn't surprised if she didn't knock his small brain out of his head. Ouch.

" What was that for?!" He exclaims turning towards the lady.

" Hurry up already! If not I'm leaving you here until tomorrow!"

" No!" We both say at the same time.

Well, at least we agree on one thing. I think to myself and then chuckle. Jayce gives me an annoyed look and turns back to the woman. They were both just staring at each other but their expressions were changing so much I wasn't sure if they were trying to say something or about to shit their pants.

After a while, it looks as if Jayce had given up and turns back to me looking as if he was in defeat.

" I'm sorry." He says to me unenthusiastically. I grin from ear to ear but I'm sure that you could barely see it since the stupid tape on my nose covered most of my face up, but I didn't know why I was so happy since clearly, he was lying when he said it but whatever.

My mom buds in beside me and gives them a bug forced smile. " Would you guys like to come inside?" She asks. Oh god, now not-

" We would love to." The woman answers before Jayce or I could say anything and I groan out of annoyance. Mom gives me a warning look and I immediately drop my head and walk away with mom and the others following behind me.

" Well, it isn't the devil himself."