Part 39

Since I was still out if school for the next two weeks I decided that I was going to spend my time fixing everything. After Jayce and I's little feud the other day, I decided that it was about time I stop complaining about all the bad things in my life and fix them. Starting with my dad.

I texted my dad a little after 10 o'clock at night saying that I want to be in his life but he needs to apologize to my mother, a real apology too. He responded almost immediately saying that he would definitely do that, and thankfully he never asked how I knew.

Mom walked into the room shortly after with my bag packed for dad's house in hand her face, again, filled with worry.

" Be careful okay?" She says handing me the bag. I slowly stand up, take the bag, and nod. Mom brings me into a hug and I hug her back not to tightly since my ribs are not fully healed yet, and even now they sting a little, but I'm not going to tell her that.

" Ill be alright." I finally say. Mom lets go of me and smiles.

" I know, but......I'm just being me that's all. You probably have nothing to worry about."

" I hope so."

She looks away for a second and sighs " Me too." She says looking at me for a second not long enough for me to read her expression. I take my mom's hands into mine and she still doesn't look at me.

" Mom. Be honest with me. Are you alright?" I say and her hands start to shake. She can't even get a word out before she drops to her knees and starts to cry, letting go of my hands. She tries to speak in between tears but they just come out as sqeeks and screams. I've never thought about it until now but my mom has never cried. I know what your thinking Kenna. I doubt that. Everyone cries at one point. I mean you're not wrong. This is that point you were talking about, but otherwise, I have never seen my mom cry, and it breaks my heart to see it.

" I'm so sorry." I say sitting down next to her. I wrap my arms tightly around her, and I don't care that my ribs are hurting. After awhile she calms down taking deep, shaky, breaths as her chest goes up and down. She wipes the tears off her cheeks and looks over at me.

" Do you want to talk about it?" I ask more quietly than I meant. Mom shakes her head and is about to say something when the doorbell rings, I roll my eyes, give mom one more tight squeeze kissing lightly on the top of her head, and then grab my bag and head downstairs with mom following behind me. I open the door to see Olivia and Lilly standing in my doorway both with big smiles on their faces. Lilly looks as though she might just like of excitement as she hops up and down beside Olivia.

" Ready to go!?" Lilly says and I nod curious on what were doing, I quickly hug my mom goodbye and she laughs and hugs me back, and then I chase after them as they run to the car.

" Ok, what are we doing?" I ask as I plop in the backseat.

" Well first we're-"

" Shh! We can't all her it's a surprise!" Olivia interrupts Lilly and I laugh.

" Yeah but he said that we could-"

" Shut up!" Olivia laughs hitting Lilly on the arm. "Why are you in my house?! Get out of my house" " Stop!"
" Take your brother......" All these horrible memories of that night floor through my mind and my mouth quivers.

" Ken Ken? You alright there?" Lilly asks, knocking me out of my flashback. Thank you Lilly. I nod and she raises a brow but turns her head back and turns on the radio. The song
Sucker by the Jonas Brothers comes on and Olivia squeals and turns it up.

" This is my favorite song! OMG!" Olivia exclaims and starts screaming, yes screaming to the song.

" IVE BEEN DANCIN ON TO OF CARS AND STUMBLIN OUT OF BARS, I'LL FOLLOW YOU THROUGH THE DARK CANT GET ENOUGH." And so on. I groan in the backseat as Lilly starts to sing along to.

" C'mon Kenna you know you wanna sing with us. Are you just intimidated by my AMAZING singing?" Lilly says and I scoff.

" I am NOT." Truth be told I have a decent voice.

" Prove it." Olivia says and keeps singing along to the songs. She rolls down the windows and I can see a guy in his van giving us a who the he'll are these crazy people and why is one of them even driving? kind of look and I laugh.

Don't complicate it (yeah), 'Cause I know you and you know everything about me...

Its not that bad of a song. I tap my finger on my leg with the music and Lilly notices and smiles.

" Ya know you wanna." She says.

I roll my eyes " Fine. One song."

" Hell yeah!" Olivia says putting her fists in the air as the other hand turns.

" I'm a sucker for you. You say the word and I'll go anywhere blindly. I'm a sucker for you, yeah. Any road you take, you know that you'll find me. I'm a sucker for all the subliminal things. No one knows about you (about you) about you (about you)" we all sing. The rest of the car ride after the song ended, Lilly and Olivia sang to whatever was on the radio, trying to make me sing other songs that I knew, and well, I might've sang a few more.

" We're here!" Lilly cheats as the car comes to a halt. We all get out of the car, and walk towards the place. The sun was about to set and the air was getting colder, thankfully what I see was inside. But why here?

" Surprise!" Olivia exclaims.