Part 64

" About what?" I ask. I sit down on my bed and Olivia plops down beside me.

" Why are you so cold towards my mom?"

" Glad I was making it obvious."

" Really Ken?"

" Sorry. It's just....could you blame me? I mean I barley know that women first of all, but I don't even want to get close with her. My dad cheated on my wonderful mom -not that your mom wasn't good- with her, and she knew that he was married. Wouldn't you hate your step parent for that?"

Olivia nods. " I agree. But at least try not be so upset. Its not like I'm happy about it either. God knows I should've seen it coming when my mom had introduced me to her new boyfriend with the same last name as you. " she takes my hand " I'm very sorry for my mother's mistakes. You and your mother didn't deserve it. But hey, at least I was your step sister instead of some other girl."

I force a laugh " I guess so." I say. "I'm sorry."

" Its alright. But I don't think I'm the one you should be apologizing to." I understood what she was saying, but I didn't want to. I lean my head back and groan. Olivia laughs and I give her the evil eye.

" Fine. But only Becuase you're one of my bestfriends."

" Yay!"

●●●●

I knock on my parents door " Can I come in?" I ask. I slowly open the door while covering my eyes shut becuase I am not about to walk in on my dad and stepmom doing the dirty

" You can uncover your eyes Kenna. " I hear my Dad say. I do as he says and uncover my eyes.

They were sitting on their small brown sofa by the large bookshelf filled with many books from autobiographies to fantasy. Their room was quite cosy, like a little winter cottage type thing.

" I-I came here to talk. " I say. Donna (Olivia's mom) stiffed but my Dad smiled. At least one of them seemed thankful. Donna shakes her head looking in disbelief.

" Would you like to sit?" My dad asks, offering me a seat on the chair across from them. I nod and take a seat.

I could feel my insides twist into a knot, and I feel like I'm about to hurl. This is going to get another level of awkward and I am not ready for it, but I have to talk them. I've waved it off for so long always saying I'll figure it out later, but even though I wish that I didn't have to do it at all, I know that I was going to have to do it at some point. That point is now. I take a deep breath and begin.

" I wanted to start off with saying that I'm sorry. I understand that you guys are in love and stuff, but at the same time you really hurt my mother and it's going to take awhile for me to forgive you. I will though, eventually."

We sat in silence for awhile, probably trying to think of a response. I wanted to know what they were thinking when this all went down. I wanted to know why they even had the audacity to even think about going behind our family's back and do whatever they did.

" Why?" I ask. " Why did you do it?"

" Do what honey?" Dad asks.

" Why did even think about cheating on mom? Why did you go through with it?"

Dad takes a deep breath then begins "Your mother and I already were already having trouble with our marriage-"

" So that gave you the right to cheat on her?" I interrupt. I look over to Donna, my palms balling into fists. "And you." I point to stepmother " You knew! That's the most sickening part of this!" I was on my feet now, looking down at these to people that I had to call my parents. I was infuriated.

" Look honey-"

" Shut up in on a role!" I interrupt. "You hurt me! You hurt my mom! You hurt our family! Both of you! I-I was fine before this. We all were! Then you decided to ruin it!" I wasn't going to cry this time, but I could already felt the tears swelling up in my eyes. I quickly wipe them away hoping they don't notice. They did and I didn't once feel pity when Donna started crying, burying her head into my Dad's shoulder.

" Oh look who's crying now! The side chick!" I exclaim.

" That's enough Kenna!" My Dad shouts. He stands up to where we were facing each other eye to eye. He looked hurt, but I didn't care. Even if a little piece of my heart had been cracked it didn't mean that it was going to break just like that. I'm strong, I can deal with not being involved with this family anymore. I can make it without them.

" I'm leaving. " I say and trudge out of the room leaving my Dad to deal with the woman in supposed to call my stepmom.

I couldn't do what Olivia asked. Best friend or not I can't. I'm done with this place and I'm never coming back. I need a break from everything, just for a little while.

I quickly run up to my room and grab a bag, picking up clothes and other things, I shove them all in the bag and walk out of the room. As I walk past the kitchen I notice their expensive little wine cabinet and grab two bottles of their also expensive wine. This should keep me good for a couple of hours, maybe one or two days. Depends.

" Where do you think your taking those?" I hear my father ask.

" Definitely not here. " I stuff them into my bag and shove past him.
" Buh-bye!" I say to who knows and walk out the door to god knows where. I was free, and I was crazy.