Part 13

I was walking out of school, but there was still a part of me that didn't want to leave. I know, crazy right? Let me explain.

Today is my first day of hockey practice, aka the sport I have no clue how to play. I'm so nervous I could almost feel my heart about to pump out of my chest. It sounds gross but it's true. I am an idiot. Why did I think this would work? Why did that little girl have to be so adorable?

" Are you nervous?" Olly asks, clearly noticing the anxious state I was in as we walk towards his truck.

" How could I not be? I'm going to fail! Why am I so dumb? This was one of the most idiotic choices I have ever made. Why didn't you talk me out of it? Talk me out of it!"

" Calm down Kenna, I'm sure you'll be fine. You already have the first step down, and that's to know how to skate."

Olly's words of encouragement were not helping with the situation. I open the car door and hop into the passenger seat, propping me feet on the dash.

" Also how many times do I have to tell you to keep your feet on the floor? I swear, your worse than Jayce."

" Finally! Something that I'm better at then breaking bones!" I say sarcastically. Olly sticks his tongue out at me and I flip him off in return.

" I have an idea. I know what will make you feel better." Olly says. My eyes light up in excitement when he says this and I sit up straight, already to listen to his idea. I hope it's something good.

" Is it food?" I ask.

" Bingo."

" Yay!" I say, a big smile forming on my face as I throw my hands up in the air. Olly luaghs at my childish reaction and then continues to back out if the school parking lot to continue on our quest for food.

●●●●

" Well if it isn't Kenna! Back so soon?" Mitch exclaims as Olly and I walk into the diner. Mitch strides up to us with a big smile on his face, almost as if he wad expecting us then stops.

" Olly, it's been awhile. How's the hockey team? My Dad hasn't really said anything about to me." Mitch says to Olly.

They know each other huh? I'm not really surprised at all. Why else would Olly choose this place even though we both agreed on it.

" You two know eachother?" I ask and Mitch nods.

" Mitch used to be on our hockey team before I was a freshman. His dad is our coach, so he would come and watch the games when he could." Olly tells me.

" Oh. That makes sense. So do you go to college for hockey?" I ask Mitch. Mitch's face saddens and I feel like I might've said something wrong.

" No. I dont actually have the money to afford college at the moment, and I couldn't get a scholarship."

" Oh. I'm sorry I said anything than..." I say leaving us in an awkward silence for a moment.

" Uh. Can you show us to our table. We got to get ti hockey practice in a bit, and Kenna is having first day gitters so she needs some food." Olly says.

" Olly you're making me sound like a pig."

" Yeah you're right. You're not a pig you're a wart hog."

I mouth falls open and I slap him across his arm. Olly yelps in return and I smile in victory. That made me feel much better than ant good would.

Mitch rolls his eyes but luagh, and he leads us to our table. Olly and I sit across from each other while we wait for Mitch to take our order.

" Do you guys need menus, Ms. Wart Hog and Mr. Hocker player?"

" More like baby. " I mumble under my breath, cracking a smile. Olly gives me the death glare and Mitch luaghs, clearly hearing what I said.

" I'll take that as a yes." Mitch says handing us our menus, " What would you like ti drink. Any appetizers?"

" Yes." I say looking at Olly to see if he would object, but Olly nods in agreement, " We would like- "

" The cheesey fries. Got it! What about your drinks?" Mitch interrupts, yet again.

" I'll have a-"

" Water, alright. And for you Olly?"

" I would like a-"

" Dr.Pepper. Anything else before I go?"

" No." Olly and I both say, and Mitch walks away.

Olly turns to me in awe of what just happened and I raise an eyebrow.

" Its as if he can read my mind." Olly says and I smile.

" I know right? He's always getting my order right somehow." I agree.

●●●●

" I'm stuffed." I say slouching into my seat while rubbing my now filled stomach.

" Me too." Olly agrees.

Looking over I see that Mitch was back with the receipt and I quickly sit up in my seat ad he tries to hand it to me.

" I'm not paying, and neither is Olly." I answer and then point at Mitch " You are."

" Ken Ken-"

" Nope. You Pay."

" But-"

" No buts. You ate my food last time remember? I bought you your dinner! Ergo, you have to pay this time even if you didn't have enough money to pay for college, you have enough to pay for this meal."

" The customer is always right!" I here another staff member tell from the kitchen.

Mitch groans in defeat " Fine." He says and takes back the receipt.

" Thanks Mitch for the wonderful service." I chirp as he walks back to the kicthen, and then look back st Olly.

" I think I'm ready to play now. " I say and Olly smirks.

" Alrighty then. Let's go."