Part 59

" Kenna! Kenna!" I hear a familiar low voice say while shaking me awake. I slowly open my eyes to see Jayce and a wave of anxiety washes over me, and for the second time today I throw my covers back over me. " Go away Jayce." I say and I could here Jayce sigh.

He starts to shake me again saying "C'mon Ken we gotta get you to your birthday surprise." I pull the covers off of me and look at him. " Are you kidding me? Why are you even here?"

" Becuase I'm your ride. Now get ready than meet me outside so we can get to it on time."

" No."

" No? Why?"

" Becuase you, Jayce, are not invited."

" But I- "

" My birthday my rules."

Jayce groans plopping down on the edge of my bed.

The pain in my chest was still there, but so was the rapid beating of my heart and the knot in my stomach and not to mention the sweaty palms. I'm not sure if I should bring it up or just leave us be. Besides, he likes Tatum, not me. What do I even know about being a relationship? I bet Tatum has been a lot of those. I for one, have not.

We sit there in silence for awhile, me just looking at my sheets, tracing my finger over the little pink and red flowers while Jayce just stares at me.

I don't want to look up at him. I don't want to see what he is thinking. He's probably judging me for being so dramatic or immature or something of that nature and I don't want to see that. So I get up off my bed and go towards my closet.

I just decide to put on some ripped jeans and a T-shirt that didn't belong to me and put it on, making sure to close the closet door before changing in my closet. I open the door and Jayce was shrill there waiting in his sweatpants and tank top. I quickly look away and sit down on my bed to out on my shoes.

I could feel Jayce's stare on me and I could feel my palms start to get sweaty as I lace up my shoes. He finally speaks up and says " Ya know, you should join theater, you're pretty dramatic."

" Fuck off."

" I'm alright." He says and laughs and we go back to having silence. "Seriously though, are you alright princess?"

I huff and look over at him. His eyes were gray again so I knew that I wasn't the only one that was having trouble with good ol' life. " I'm not even sure myself." I say forcing a laugh.

Jayce nods " Yeah I get that." And he smiles. It wasn't genuine.

I decide to change the subject. " So you and Tatum huh?" Just by saying this I could feel my insides tighten.
Jayce's eyes grow wide with confusion and when he realizes what I was saying he bursts out laughing.

" What's so funny?" I ask folding my arms.

" Me....and Tatum?!" He says and immediately starts laughing again. Now I'm confused. Tatum had said that she and him liked each other but then why is he....huh?

" B-but Tatum said that you liked her. She told me when we were in the bathroom that she and you were a thing."

Jayce raises an eyebrow and smiles.
"And you believed her?" I shrug and look away. Tatum wouldn't lie to me like that, she didn't look like she was lying. Did she actually think that? Was she just imagining things? Was I imagining things?

" S-so it's not true?" I mumble, a little bit of hope in my voice. Jayce shakes his head in agreement and I sigh if relief. I didn't want to be stuck in some stupid girl drama, especially with Tatum.

" You seemed relieved." Jayce said and I flinch. I could feel my cheeks heat up and I turn away from Jayce. " I have no idea what you are talking about asshat."

" There's the Kenna I know and love." He wraps his arms around me, and I could feel as if my heart about to pound out if my chest but that all disappears when he puts his full weight on top of me and pushes me down onto the bed with him lying on top. He gives me a goofy grin and I stick my tongue out at him.

" What's the problem princess? Uncomfortable? Am I making you uncomfortable?"

" Shut up." I blush.

" We both know that will never happen!" He sings.

" Lets just go."

" Alright princess, but don't think I didn't see you blush.

" No I didn't and will you stop calling me that?"

" Nope." He says popping the P in nope.

●●●●

" Kenna its called a surprise for a reason. I can't tell you!" Jayce exclaims as he turns the steering wheel left onto the next street.

" But I'm the birthday girl!" I argue and Jayce laughs.

" That's why you're getting a SUPRISE. For your BIRTHDAY!"

" But I don't like surprises!"

" To bad!"

" Whatever." I slump down in my seat. My seatbelt was digging into my shoulder so I decide to put the thing behind me and soon after Jayce's car comes to a stop.

" No whatever you do Princess, just don't peak."

" Okay I won't." I lie. I out my hands over my eyes leaving a slight crack in between my middle and ring finger and giggle.

" Kenna I can see you peaking." Jayce states and gets out if the truck. I hear my car door open and before I could peak Jayce puts his hand over my eyes.

" You can't look yet. Now close your eyes because if they're still open you're going to ruin the whole surprise." He says and I huff, but close my eyes contentedly.

Putting his hands down as I keep my eyes closed I can hear him rummage through something in his truck and hear a small found it from him. I then feel something being wrapped and tied around my head to cover my eyes and s slight giggle comes from my mouth.

" Okay give me your hand." He tells me. I unbuckle my seatbelt and hold out my hand which he then takes in his own hand to help me get out of the car.

Still walking with my blindfold on and Jayce's hand in mine we've been walking for about 10 minutes and we haven't gotten there yet. I was starting to get impatient.

" We're here." Jayce finally says stopping.

" Finally!" I say jumping up and down. Then before a he could open the door I use my other hand to stop him. "Wait." I say " This isn't a prank is it?"

" Now why in the world would you ask that?"

" Becuase you're a dick."

" It thought I was an ass hat."

" That too."

I can hear Jayce chuckle but lets go of my hand, and I can no longer feel the slight tingle that was on my palm of the hand he has been holding.

I listen closely to tell what was going on. I could hear someone yell "she's here!" And a bunch of footsteps running around. Then it was silent.

I laugh but Jayce just sighs and I hear him open the door. He quickly unties the blindfold and my eyes light up.

" SURPRISE!!!"