Part 46

" Jayce were going to have to meet Dylan." I say standing up from his bed. Jayce groans, throwing his head back and I chuckle.

" Look all I want is to never talk to this boy again and by doing that I need to talk to him just once." I say.

Jayce huffs but gets up " Thanks." I say and he nods. Lady's and gentlemen lets give another warm welcome to Mr.Grumpy! I'm kidding.

" C'mon lets get going. He says he's at my house." I say and almost walk out of the room when I feel Jayce take my hand.

" What's wrong? You okay Jayce?" I ask turning around. Jayce pauses and shakes his head " Not really just thought I should give you some comfort. " Jayce walks closer to me to where I can feel him breathing on my skin. My cheeks starting to get hot again and I can feel my stomach knot up.

" Are you comfortable princess?" He whispers in my ear. Reality hits me and I stomp on his foot and Jayce jumps back.

" Ow!" Jayce exclaims and I laugh " You shouldn't do that or else your gonna get hurt. Now c'mon we gotta go." I say and walk out the door and Jayce follows behind me.

Sure enough Dylan was right out side my house seeming pretty upset about something and reeked of alcohol.

" Kenna!" Dylan slurs, wobbling towards us " You came!" Dylan tries to hug me but I quickly move out of the way and Jayce puts an arm around my shoulders.

" Why are you here?" I say a little more stern than I mean to. Dylan shrugs " You already know me." He says pointing to me and tthe himself.

I scoff " Ill talk to you when you're sober, for now though you need to go home." I say.

Dylan shakes his head " No can do.I need to know now. Do you know me or not?"

Jayce tightens his grip on me and I look up to Jayce, but I can barely see his face in the darkness. Dylan takes a step closer to me " Don't take another step Dylan or you won't be able to ask anything." Jayce says and Dylan steps back.

" Why are you even here Jayce? Let me guess.....she's using you isn't she? You're her dog." Dylan slurs and laughs.

Anger flares up in me and my hands balk into fists " I'm not her dog Dylan. You really need to go home." Jayce says " I'll call you an uber?"

" No need." Dylan starts " My buddy is coming to pick me up in a little bit."

" Than call him. Like I said, we can talk when your sober." I say.

Dylan sighs, running his hand through his blonde hair " Look. I'm sorry. Can I start over?" He begs and I can see in his bloodshot eyes that either he had been crying, he was just drunk, or he was about to cry.

Jayce opens his mouth to say something but I put a hand on the one that was wrapped around me and take his hand off. Walking towards the drunk Dylan I can feel the anger going away and all that's was left was....pity I think. Not for me but for Dylan.

" Okay." I say " You get 10 minutes then you have to go home." Dylan smiles and nods " Mhm. Alright." He says.

" Now. What are you doing here?" I ask calmly.

" To talk to you. I know you know who I am. I know you too. Please Kenna, admit it."

I sigh " Why would it make it any different if I know you?"

" Because then you can answer what I've been wondering ever since we met.....again." He says and takes a step towards me but this time I stand still.

" Why? Are you wondering why I couldn't of been just like your other friends? Why I have been staying away from you?"

" No and yes. " he slurs a dcouple laughs. I can't take this anymore ill talk to him later. Thankfully Dylan's friend pulls up and hollers his name.

" Well see ya Kenna." Dylan waves and walks off leaving Jayce and I alone again.

" What a night." I  yawn, walking towards him and Jayce nods. We start walking back towards the house and I can feel myself become more tired than a few minutes ago.

" Yeah that was the most awkward thing I have ever seen."

" Oh please. That was not- okay yeah it was." I admit that as kind of awkward, but could you blame me? I haven't seen my ex-best friend in years.

We quietly step into the house and Jayce slowly closes the front door behind him. After a while Jayce and I decide to watch T.V and before Jayce falls asleep I decide I should ask him a question.

" Hey Jayce?" I ask tapping his head that was laying on my lap as he laid on the couch.

" Yeah." He answers looking up at me.

" If you had to pick any girl friend to date who would it be?"

" What kind of question is that? You're not falling for me are you princess?"

I scoff " Uh, no! It was just a question." I say looking towards the television.

Jayce sighs " Well even if I did like one of my girl friends I wouldn't tell them. I care to much- I mean, I would care to much to hurt them in the end." For some reason I feel relieved and hurt at the same time.

" Yeah. " I sigh " I can understand that." I pick up a strand if Jayce's hair " You need a haircut." I say.

Jayce yawns " But I like my hair length. You think I could pull off a man bun?" In just a second, before I could even answer I could see Jayce's eyes close in the fun light of the T.V and feel his breathing slow down. Jayce had fallen asleep and a couple of minutes after I had too. Now lets just hope I don't have another horrible awakening in this house again.