Part 50

" Kenna, what you did really hurt me. You made me think that I meant nothing to you and that I was just a little pawn in your stupid game. I kind of had a feeling that you were up to something when you started to talk more to my friends, but when someone who I should've trusted a long time ago told me what you had said -and don't try to act innocent I have screenshots- I was hurt, so hurt. I can't even believe that I thought I was in love with you...why did I even come here?" Dylan starts to stand up but my mom, who still had he work heals on stomps on her foot.

Dylan yelps and mom gives him a glare " Sit. Back. Down." She orders. I think this was the time when Dylan remembers that my mom is a jujitsu black belt and slouches back into his seat.

Mom turns to me " Kenna, it's your turn."

" Do I have to?"

" Yes."

" But-"

" Do it."

I groan " Fine." I look to Dylan propping my chin on my hands and begin "This.... all of this, the years that were spent angry at eachother, was so immature and did nothing but make ourselves guarded and less trusting to others around us. Am I wrong?" I didn't wait to hear an answer from him be for I continued. "Dylan I can tell you right now that what you heard was a lie. From who? I already have a feeling who it was but I'm sure you'll deny it because she doesn't want me to find out. I get it, you were hurt, but I think you should've asked me instead of assuming that what they said was true. I know that acting like I didn't know you was wrong but you also did the same to me, but worse. You probably know that to don't you? You stood and watched while your friends made everyday of my life a living hell....but you didn't care, you just wanted revenge. So when I started to ignore you, I was happy for you to know what only a THIRD of the pain you and your friends caused me to have felt like. I thought that if I invited you over today that we would solve this, but I don't think this grudge that you have for me will ever be solved."

" What do you mean you didn't say it? I have proof. You don't even know who told me" Dylan says.

" Well than whatever it is, I know for sure that it's a lie, and I have a feeling that its from the girl that was head over heals for you and would do anything to be more than just an easy hookup to you. I'm sure you know who I'm talking about." I'm not sure where all this confidence was coming from out of me, but whatever it was I was thankful to have it. Dylan's face turns red and he lowers his gaze.

" So you knew it was Alex. I Should've known not to trust her." He says while running his hand through his hair, a thing he does when he knows he messed up or he's guilty.

I put a hand on his knee " It's alright. You didn't know." I tell him. He looks up at me and I give him a forgiving smile.

" You forgive me? Just like that?" I shake my head.

" No, but I understand now. I will forgive you eventually, it'll take time though."

I hear my mom sniffle and both of us look to my mom. She wipes a tear away and smiles " Thank god this is over. I was so sick of hearing all the shit you guys were doing to each other." She laughs.

" What do you mean hearing all of our shit?" I ask. Don't worry, my mom doesn't care if I curse.

" I might've been keeping in touch with your mom through the years.." Dylan tells me.

I dramatically gasp putting my hand to my chest " So you're telling me that you went behind my back and talked to my old ex vest friend for two years?.....I'm actually not that surprised."

My mom laughs which then turns into a yawn " Well imma go to bed, and remember......if you're going to do anything, be quiet and always use pro-"

" Goodnight mom." I quickly interrupt before she could finish her sentence. Mom winks at me and Dylan chuckles while I just roll my eyes.

My walks out of the room, but not before I hear her sigh of relief in the other room.

●●●●

" Well I should get going- "

" Nuh-uh you're staying here."

Dylan sits back down -again- and smiles, happy that I want his company." But I thought you were still mad."

" Not really, but I also.....never mind."

Dylan stares at me. His eyes filled with wonder " You didn't just invite me over here to fix us did you? You did it for something else. Someone else?"

I scoff turning my head away for him " I have no idea what you're talking about. I was just- I have no idea what you're talking about."

" It is someone!" He exclaims standing up.

" No it's not!" I argue stomping my foot.

" Kenna fucking Foster has a crush!" Out of nowhere he lifts me up in his arms and swings me around singing "Kenna has a crush! Kenna has a crush!"

" Shut up and put me down!" After one more spin he sets me down and laughs. He plops back onto the couch and I sit down next to him this time, comfortable with the way we are now.

" You gonna tell me who?"

" I don't like anyone one Jayce!"

" Jayce?"

" Sorry Dylan. I don't like anyone!"

" So you like Jayce eh?"

" Dylan you're not listening I. DONT. LIKE. ANYONE."

" You're lying Kenna. I've known you for years, so I know when you're lying."

" No you don't."

" Yes I do."

" It doesn't matter even if I do like someone."

" No. What matters is that that person doesn't affect you in the worst way. "

" Yeah.....you're right."

" But....who is it?" He asks wriggling his eyebrows.

" Ok you can leave!"

Dylan laughs and stands up. He reaches for my hand to help me up, and I smile " Well I'm glad that I can talk to you again Kenna. I've missed it."

I nod " Me too."

Dylan brings me into a hug " See you soon."

" See you soon."