Part 15

" W-who's there?" I ask Jayce.

Jayce shivers and I quickly take the cover off the bed and wrap him in it. Olly rushes over and is about to pick him up when Jayce shakes his head.

" Jayce it doesn't matter who is there we have to go you're going to bleed out of we don't do something." Olly says.

" I can't. " Jayce repeats.

I kneel down next to Jayce and put my hand on his arm and he winces.

" What happened?" I ask.

" Can you get some bandages first?"

I nod and turn to Olly. Olly walks out of the room to get the first aid kit.

" Now. Tell me. Why are you wounded and why are you in my house?"

Jayce takes a deep and begins " My dad's an alcoholic and abuses drugs. He got mad and beat me."

" Where was your mom?"

" She left 3 three years ago after the twins were born."

" Did he hurt the twins."

" Not yet. He's at work."

" Then how did he beat you?"

" H-he was mad at me because I didn't feed the dog. We don't have a fucking dog!" He cries and I see a little tear

Olly comes back with the kit and I take the comforter from him and with Olly's help we set him on the bed.

" Ok what happened after that?" I ask.

" He went ballistic. He grabbed his pocket knife and went for the twins s-so I ran in front of the twins a-and he beat me. I told the twins to run to my bedroom and lock the door and they did."

I open the first aid kit and get out the needle and the goss, but Jayce holds out his hands and stops me. He takes the needle and the stiches ( if I'm saying this stuff wrong, let me just say I'm only a teenager and didn't ever think I would need to use the needle and stitches) and sets the down in the bed. He starts to take off his shirt.

" I'm going to go get a towel and some water." I say and walk out of the room.

I'm not sure when but the sun has started set and the world is getting darker. Right now I'm not really concerned about why my parents aren't home, all I need to worry about is the poor twins and Jayce. Even though Jayce has been an ass lately he still came to me when he was in trouble and I'm pretty touched. But I'm never telling him that. Ever.

I get into the kitchen and grab a towel and fill a bowl of water then head back upstairs. I can't believe this is happening.

" I'm back." I say as I open the door.

The room is almost all the way dark now but I decide to not turn on the lights for whatever reason that I clearly don't have. Jayce and Olly turn their heads towards me as I walk towards him. Jayce looks better, his huge gash on his side has been stitched and treated and all is other wounds have been as well.

" You look better." I say.

Jayce nods.

" Where are your parents Ken?" Olly asks.

" I'm not sure. But right now we have other thing to worry about." I say setting down the towel and water.

" Like what?" Jayce asks.

" Well first off, how did you remember where my house is?"

" One day I might tell you." He says.

" But when's that day? Can it be today?"

" Nah, I don't really feel like it." He says.

" You're killing me!" I exclaim.

" I hope not. That would be pretty bad for my reputation."

" Shut up Jayce."

" Gladly." Jayce perks and I roll my eyes.

" What about the twins?" Olly interrupts.

Holy shit the twins!