Part 52

" Hustle guys hustle!!" My coach yells from outside the rink. We're in a match against some people called the butterflies. What kind of name is that? I sorta feel bad for them. Sorta.

Olly shoots the puck into the goal, making us in the lead. Now if only it will stay that way. But of course it wouldn't. He wouldn't.

I see Olly out of the corner of my eye as I see what was happening "Open! Open!" I say but Olly didn't hear me. All he could see was the gray jersey coming towards him. The guy with the gray jersey then checks him so hard his mouth gaurd flies and his skates come out from under him.

He hits the ice and I could see the sickening look on his face like he was about to vomit right then and there when he rolls to his side, reaching for his stick. He catches a skate, another stick and jabs the puck free.

It was such a sloppy mess I couldn't make it into a goal.

●●●●

After the game I walk up to Olly who seemed pretty upset by the game even though we had won by the last second. "You need your scull checked?" I joke, meaning a concussion check.

He forces a laugh "No I'm good."

" You look like your going to hurl." I say to him.

" Well maybe if you cleaned your gear and keep down the stench...."

I roll my eyes but I don't want to change the subject. Something's not right with Olly and I want to know what's wrong.

" You could've dodged it." I say.

"Thanks Ken."

" Seriously you normally would be able to dodged that. Something's up. What's wrong?"

He smirks but shakes his head "Nothing just some stuff on my mind."

" You wanna talk about it?"

" No. Its nothing bad so don't worry. Alright Ken?"

I sigh but give in " Alright."

●●●●

" Woohoo one more game and we win!!" I hear a familiar voice say. He wraps his arm around my waist and ruffles my hair. I look over to see it was Jayce with a huge smile on his face and I can't help but smile to.

I had just changed out of my game clothes and into some jeans and a gray tank top, and thankfully I took a shower in the girl's shower room before meeting anyone because I'm sure I smelled worse than a wet dog.

" Hi." I say.

" Hey." He says.

" Guys we won!" Eliza yells from behind us, and before I know it in being push to the ground with Jayce falling on top of me and Eliza next.

" Can't.....breath." I heave from under them.....okay that just sounded wrong.

" Eliza get off of us. You're going to kill Kenna. Or am I going to have to get you off myself?" Jayce tell Eliza. Eliza gives him a nervous laugh and I can feel a bit of weight being lifted off.

Jayce rolls off of me and then stands up, holding out a hand to help me off the ground. I take his hand " Thank you." I say.

" No problem princess."

Eliza laughs and we both turn our heads to see what he was laughing at.

" What?" I ask.

" Princess?" Eliza mocks.

Jayce folds his arms under eachother "Yes. What's wrong with that name Eliza? You're not jealous are you? If you want I can give you a nickname. Baby face, freckle boy, dumb doll, and- "

" Okay, okay. I get it. I was just joking." Eliza says uneasily. I giggle and Jayce laughs to holding me tighter than before. Eliza looks down at Jayce's arm wrapped around my waist and raises a brow.

" W-were just friends." I say immediately. Jayce's brows shoot up and looks at me as if he was hurt by stating that we were friends. What is wrong with this boy?

" Yeah." Jayce looks back at Eliza " Just friends."

Eliza looks the other way " If you say so..." he says and walks off leaving me and Jayce in an awkward silence. I step in front of Jayce taking myself out of my friends grip and shrug.

" Well I should get going." I say and Jayce nods, relieved that I had said something " I'll see you later?" I ask.

" Yeah. See you later Kenna. "

●●●●

" So what exactly do you want me to sing?" I ask. I was with Mitch, who had come over to my house -mom's house- today to discuss the proposal, and not going to lie, I'm starting to get frustrated with Mitch.

We are sitting in my room on my bed looking at ideas to do for th proposal since Mitch says it needs to be simple but also not too simple....yeah I don't get it either.

" I want you to sing this song." He points to the song title on the screen "It's her favorite song." He says.

" You mean thinking out loud by Ed Sheeran? "

"YES."

" Oh." I say.

" Do you know anyone who can play the guitar or the piano? Or both?"

" I'll have to ask around but I think Olly plate the guitar-"

" Perfect! Now all I need are daisies, people to perform the dance number, and.....did you get the ring?"

" Oh. Yeah. That." I get up from my bed and walk over to my dresser and pick up the small blue velvet box that held the ring in it, and toss it to Mitch.

Mitch opens the box and looks at the ring " This is perfect. She'll love it." He says and I sigh of relief when I plop back into my bed. Thank god. I think to myself.

He puts the ring back into the box and shoves it in his pant pocket " Now do you think you could ask the cheerleaders if....."

" They can do a dance number? Sure, I'll ask them."

" Thanks Kenna you're the best. You're like the little, annoying, mean, sister I never had. "

" Thanks?"

" You're very welcome." He smiles and I giggle. I can't believe I'm saying this but Jackie is lucky to have Mitch in her life, any girl would be. Mitch stands up and groans and I couldn't help but chuckle from his enthusiasm for doing something other than sitting.

" Well this better go well." He says and I shrug.

" Yeah it better or else you'll be humiliated!" I sing.

Mitch gives an uneasy laugh and I immediately wish I didn't say what I did. He's already nervous enough why did my stupid ass self have to make it worse? Sometimes I just hate being me. Sometimes.

" Mitch you'll do great. Jackie loves you, and from what you have planned she'll definitely say yes. Don't worry to much about it." I say.

Mitch lets out a shaky breath "Yeah. You're right." He says as if he's trying to convince himself that I am.

I can't believe it!! My story hit 2k!!! Thank you all to my lovely readers!! I hope you enjoy this chapter! Love ya!

On the Ice (Rewriting)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara