Part 7

I wake up at around 12:00 with Olly's arm wrapt around my waist, and all I can do is scream in my mind for personal space. Sure, of course, any girl might be excited about a cute guy kind of sort of hugging you, but not this girl. This girl wants to get out of bed before she does anything to wake the guy up, so I slowly and quietly as best as I could, remove Olly's arm from around my waist and get out from under the covers. I then slowly crawl over Olly's sleeping body and then let out a breath that I didn't even know I was holding until my feet land safely on my bedroom floor.

I slowly open and close my bedroom door behind me as I make my way to the kitchen. As I was ascending down the stairs I see the front door close super quickly but quietly with such skill that I knew it could be been Jayce. What a shame, I wanted to know how his hangover was doing, and by that, I meant to annoy the fuck out of him, but no, he just had to leave.

It did kind of hurt though to take care of someone that needed help and then for them to leave like that....Wait....no, no it doesn't.

I sigh, disappointed that I don't get to have my revenge for Jayce breaking my nose and then walk into the kitchen. Usually, I don't eat breakfast, but since it was a Saturday and I was a growing girl, I decided that I would make myself pancakes for breakfast.

As I get out the pancake mixture of the top cabinet after about 5 minutes of trying to reach for it, which by the way who would put the pancake mix so high? I mean, I know that I'm like 5'6 or whatever but still, that cabinet was high. What was I doing again? Oh right.

After I finished mixing up my batter I set the stove to the exact heat measurement and put the pan over it.

" Ugh...." Olly groans with his head in his hands as he walks downstairs. He looked decent for a guy with a hangover, but whatever he had drank last night had hit him hard in the morning and I laughed.

" Good morning. Would you like pancakes? If not, there's also bacon. sausage, eggs, orange juice..." I offer him a cheery smile.

Olly gives me a dirty look in return and then rests his head on my shoulder and groans as I put the last of the pancake batter into the pan. " That smell makes me want to barf." He mumbles into my shoulder.

" Well as long as you don't barf or either me or my food, and clean it up, we're good to go," I say to.

" Are you making fun of me?"

" Absolutely."

" Why did I ask to be friends with you again?"

" I'm not even sure myself. I'm quite strange."

" No doubt about that." He agrees and I flip the last pancake then nudge Olly with my elbow.

" Not to burst your bubble Mr.Moody, but you are just as strange as I am."

" Says the one who- "

" Says the one who is the strangest of all that's who," I say, cutting him off. Olly chuckles and raises his head up from my shirt.

" Do you wanna go to the ice rink later so we could practice for the game in three weeks?" Olly asks.

" I thought you were hungover," I answer back.

" Yeah, but with my good friend ibuprofen and water, I'll be good to go."

" Whatever you tell yourself," I mutter under my breath.

" I heard that." He says. " Do you want to go?"

" Sure, but who's on the team anyways?"

" Well there's Jayce-" I groan at the thought of joy only dealing with Jayce stupid dirty jokes and his annoying voice at school, but now also at hockey? I should've said no.

" Kenna, he's a great player just not a great person," Olly tells me.

" I thought you were supposed to be his best friend?" I ask.

" Yes, and as his best friend I know that he is not nice."

" Not nice? He broke my nose!"

" So? He did that on accident. Trust me, after gym, he had the most guilty look on his face. He felt really bad about it and for you to just keep bringing that it Kenna....its really hurtful you know?"

I was silent after that, not just because I had finished making my pancakes but also because I didn't know what to say. I felt bad, yes, but I don't know what to do now. Should I apologize? Should I call him and invite him to the ice rink? I feel like I should do something, I feel bad now. I shouldn't have rubbed it in his face. Man, and I thought that Jayce was the immature one, but I was wrong.

" I'm sorry," I say to Olly and shrugs.

" Its no biggy Ken Ken....do you mind if I call you Ken Ken?"

" No. Actually, most people like to call me Ken Ken. I've just gotten used to it." I say setting my plate of pancakes and syrup onto the table and then sit down.

" Coolio. " Olly says sitting down across me. I take a night if my pancakes and not into toot my own horn, but these pancakes were not that bad. Usually, I'm horrible at making anything, I mean, I could burn water if I didn't even try at all for Christ's sake.

" So, how did you join the hockey team anyways? I mean, it was just like one day coach just was like 'oh! By the way! We will be having a new member of our team! Her name is Kenna, and she's a lady, so don't be the asses you are. Good? Good." He says mocking coach's low risky voice.

" Well, it's kind of confusing, even to myself," I say.

" Wait.....do you even know how to play hockey?" Olly asks and I immediately stop in my spot, not saying a word. Olly raises a brow, waiting for my answer until I do. But I don't, I sit there with my face turning a bright tomato red and that's when the realization hits him.

" You haven't?!" He exclaims and I slowly nod.

" But that's doesn't......you have to......h-how...." the look Olly was showing was just filled with buckets full of confusion and even though I expected him to be confused...I didn't think I would turn him to go into shock.

" I was just doing what I would usually do at an ice rink, and that was figure skating...I've done it since I was little, so when coach saw me he kind of begged me to be in the team," I say, and wit every word I could feel my throat start getting drier and drier until there was nothing more than a harsh whisper.

" What?" Olly says and then it was like something just clicked in his mind, and before I even knew what was happening he guests out laughing.....at me.

" S-so you're saying that you got on the team because you do FIGURE SKATING?!?! What was coach thinking?!!"

Why was this so funny to him? To me, it was a really hard decision to make, and it was this reason ( and the reason that I don't know anything about hockey) that I didn't want to join, but I did anyway, and this is what happened. Jeez.

After Olly had calmed down from his sudden outburst, he wipes away his tears and stands up. " Well Ken, you gave a lot to learn."

" Two things Olly: number one, coach pretty much forced me into joining, and two, I don't just skate well, I happen to be one of the top skaters in the state of Colorado."

" Omg really?! Good for you, but that still is no changing the fact that you know nothing about the sport that you're playing in."

" So? I can learn. I'm a fast learner."

Olly sighs, running his hand through his hair and then looks back at me with an almost mysterious smile. " Fine then, let's see what you got Ms. Foster. I've got to leave but I'll be back to pick you up at 2:00. Okay?"

" Okay." I agree. " By Olly."

" Bye Ken Ken."