Chapter 6

After three days of work, finally Siddharth was in his new cabin today. It took 2 days to finish the entire work in his cabin and whole one day to move his stuff to his floor.

In all this, Anu had to supervise the whole work and since there are important files and confidential stuff, Anu herself had to arrange his file cabinet. For that she had to move up and down the stairs many times carrying files.

To say she was exhausted is an understatement. She looked like a disaster who may collapse at any time. Neha and Raj were worried for her looking at her stumbling form.

They told her to take rest and not to do so much work but Anu shrugged it off by smiling at them and saying that it's her job.

They didn't like Siddharth making her to do so much of work and they also came to know from Shweta about the other day that she was purposely made to run the stairs up and down.

Raj got angry but Neha consoled him by saying that they should talk to Anu. Raj was always overprotective over Anu and today looking at her exhausted body is making his heart ache and angry.

Neha also got very much angry but she thought she should talk to Anu first to know why she is letting these all happen with her and why she is letting him to do all these with her.

Tommorow is the weekend so they both thought they should take Anu out and talk to her about this.

******

Monday:-

Siddharth came into the office and went to his cabin. It's 9:30 am exactly and there was a knock on the door. He smirked knowing who it is.

" Come in."

" Sir, your coffee." He heard.

He glanced at her and got stunned seeing her dishelved state with tired  pale face and red eyes.

She kept the coffee on the table and stood there waiting for his orders.

" Sir, do you want me to do anything else or shall I leave?" She asked looking at him blankly.

" I need you to type these letters for these companies listed on the first page and also email those to them." He said giving her the file.

She looked surprised at him. His tone was not cold and he is not giving her the work of running up and down the stairs today.

" Ok Sir." She took the file and left.

Her body looked so tired, her face lost it's glow and there is no shine in her eyes but just emptiness.

He felt bad and responsible for her condition. He shouldn't have made her to do so much work. He came to the glass window of his office through which he can look down at his whole staff.

He saw her doing her work calmly and went back to his work.

How can she still effect me so much when I hate her?

******

Siddharth worked continuously without getting distracted with unnecessary thoughts.

He is working on a deal and making a presentation for it. If he could grab this deal their company will reach heights.

He made a call on the phone.

" Hello?" He heard.

" Come to my cabin." He said and hung up.

Anu climbed the stairs to his floor and knocked on his door.

" Come in." She heard.

" Yes Sir?" She asked.