Chapter 49

She looked at him who sat rooted in his place shock clear on his face.

" What do you think that I don't know why you are here?" She asked him who looked at her with wide eyes.

" We loved each other Siddu and no one knows you better than me." She said looking down.

" You may be wondering how I know but if you think deeply then you yourself will know the answer for it." She said smiling at him.

He didn't say anything.....he couldn't say anything.

She sighed.

" I know you were very careful not to let me know but again I noticed some things which you didn't." She said and he looked at her for explanation.

" When you rented the room upstairs, I got suspicious because we have never seen you and somehow I felt it was you because I know the feeling when you are near to me but I ignored that feeling thinking that I missing you so much. On one day when I fainted outside my house and when I got up I was in my room. I was confused as to who brought me into my room as my father was also not there at that time and when I asked my mother about this she told me she took the help of the tenant living upstairs. And to my surprise, I got a dream of you carrying me in your arms. When I saw you in my house that day I realised that it's not a dream. When I came to know that tenant was you, I was shocked but I was happy as I didn't think I will see you again." She said smiling to herself and continued to talk when she saw him thinking.

" I got a bit suspicious when my parents weren't surprised seeing you here and moreover they mingled with you so easily as if they know you from long time."

"One day we did water fight and after that you came to my room looking worried to know if I am alright. That is when when my assumptions started."

"After that you carried me to my room many times and you didn't ask or said anything looking at your pictures that are all over the walls of my bedroom." She said looking at him who is analysing everything silently she is saying.

" You remember that day when you dropped me at the mall?" She asked and he nodded.

"That day when I returned you didn't ask me any questions like from where I am coming, what did I purchase because there were nothing in my hands except my handbag. And that day I understood that you might know that I went to the hospital but not to the mall." She said staring off into the space and he looked down.

" One day you asked me to get a file to your office and when I went to your room, I saw my photo on your bed and that's when I realised that you still love me and came here looking out for me. When we went to your office party, there I saw how my friends became your friends too and I am happy for that but I didn't miss the little things between you people.....the way you people coordinated or cooperated with each other without letting me know. The way you reacted when I wanted to drink something or eat icecream grew my suspicion more." She explained and sighed loudly.

She looked at him who didn't look at her for once.

" All these were just my suspicions or assumptions or so I thought until I saw my dairy in your room when you went to Germany. That's when all things fell into place and everything got clear to me." She said and looked at him who is closing his eyes now.

She took hold of his hands which made him look at her and she saw fear in his eyes for the first time which made her more anxious.

" You fought with your mother because of me. Didn't you?" She asked with tears and he looked away.

" Why Siddharth? Why?" She cried.

" You know why I left all of a sudden?" She asked looking at the distance.