Chapter 18

Do you know the feeling you get when you are so near to the truth but yet you couldn't reach it?

Do you know the feeling you get when you can do nothing but just wait?

Do you know the feeling you get when your life, your love, your everything is in front of you but you couldn't get it?

Do you know the feeling you get when waiting for a second might feel like waiting for years?

Do you know the feeling you get when you wanted to do anything to be with your love but you can't?

Do you know the feeling you get at the pit of your stomach when you feel something bad might be going to happen or you are going to lose something or someone?

Siddharth couldn't help but feel all these things at the same time. He pulled his hair frustrated at all these thoughts.

Yesterday he wanted to talk to his Mom but she wasn't there in the home. His dad said that she is out of station, went to meet some relatives.

And now when he at least wanted to see Anu, she didn't come to the office only. He didn't get any leave application or any message from her. But he let it go as he saw how tired and pale Anu looked yesterday. He thought that may be she is not well and should take some rest but he was missing her badly.

He somehow managed his day without her but he was getting impatient minute by minute to know the actual truth. He doesn't know when his mom will come back and he had to wait till she comes.

Next day, there was an important meeting and Siddharth expected Anu to be there in the office but he understood that she didn't come today also as he didn't get his usual coffee from her. His doubt got confirmed when Shweta came inside with the files required for the meeting saying that Ananya told her to give these files to him.

He smiled at the thought that even she is not well she is thinking about the meeting and he went to attend the meeting shrugging all the thoughts away.

He observed that Raj and Neha were not in their usual happy moods, they looked sad. They both didn't talk to each other also like they usually do. Siddharth frowned and assumed that they are missing Anu.

When he got down to go outside, he saw Neha crying on Raj's shoulders and Raj was consoling her in a corner. Sid thought that something was definitely wrong and he was also getting that vibe since morning that something bad is going to happen.

He doesn't know what to do and did the first thing that got in his mind and that is to see her. He immediately got in his car and drove to her house. When he reached, he looked at her house, it looked calm so calm that anyone may think that no one lives here.

He contemplated standing in front of the gate whether to go inside or not, as what might she think of him, what might her parents think of him. He groaned loudly not knowing what to do looking up at the evening sky.

And at that time he saw her near the window staring off into the space. He waved his hands frantically like a mad man in the air to make her notice him.

Anu who was in her own world got snapped when she saw a man who is jumping up and down waving his hands in the air. She thought he was crazy but saw that he was waving at her and got panicked instantly.

When she observed the man, she stood with wide eyes and open mouth in shock. It was Siddharth who is waving at her. She thought she is imagining him and narrowed her eyes at him but it was Siddharth only.

She closed her eyes and opened thinking that he will disappear and it's just a dream but he didn't. He was still standing there looking at her who is scratching her head confused.