Chapter 40

Anu walked out of the hospital deep in thoughts after buying her medicines. She walked on the road looking around but her mind was somewhere else.

She stopped in her tracks when she saw Siddharth looking at her leaning onto the car with his arms crossed exactly where he left her in front of the mall.

She became nervous as he would ask her why she is coming from other direction when she told him that she came for shopping. Fiddling with her bag, she came and stood before him biting her lip.

But Siddharth didn't say anything. He just gestured her to sit in the car when his phone started ringing. He closed the door of the car and talked on the phone.

All the while, Anu just stared at him. She couldn't hear him but she noticed his expressions. He was tensed while talking on the phone but in between his features softened and at last he looked determined.

After finishing his talk, Siddharth got into the car and drove silently. On one side she was nervous as what she will say when he asks her where she was or what she bought. And on the other side Siddharth just stayed calm as if she was not even present in the car.

Ride was going silent.

His phone ringtone broke the silence. He took a look at his phone but didn't bother to answer. But again his phone rang making Anu frown as this time he didn't even take a look at it.

When the phone rang for the third time, she peeked at the phone which was kept in the socket beside his seat. She blinked her eyes to see the name and saw that it was his mom.

She frowned at him as why he was not taking her calls.

" Your phone is ringing." She stated.

" I know." He said simply.

" Then answer it." She said.

He gave a glance at her and then looked back again at the road.

" It's your mother." She said again turning fully to his side.

" I know." He said.

" Why don't you answer it then?" She asked.

He stayed silent clenching his jaw.

" Siddharth?" She called him.

" I don't want to talk when I am driving. I will call back once we reach home." He said.

She nodded her head but she knew something was wrong because she knows him. He loves his mother so much and he is very much close to her. He could have just stopped the car and answered the call but he didn't. It looked like to her that he is ignoring his mother's calls.

******

Car stopped making Anu jerk out of her reverie. She looked around and frowned at Siddharth who got out of the car. He came to her side and opened her side of the door.

" Come let's eat something." He said to her who sat in the car frowning at him.

" It's not necessary Siddharth, we are going to home only right." She said looking at the posh restaurant in front of her.

" I am very hungry, please come." He said to her.

" Ok." She sighed and got out of the car.

They walked into the restaurant which is no less than a five star hotel.

" I am not dressed according to the place." She said to him looking at the other girls there.

Siddharth stopped walking and looked at the other girls in the restaurant. He then looked at Anu and her dress.